CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

We got a brand NEW episode of Cinema Sesh this week! On top of a load of movie news we've got our big box office predictions, the upcoming movies in theaters this week and our recommendations for movies that we've watched, and our review of Hardcore Henry. Press play and settle in for a Cinema Sesh.

http://cinemasesh.libsyn.com/008-cinema-sesh

Check it out in the Speakeasy and join along! I want to make this the unofficial podcast of the site! Thanks! http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21497-cinema-sesh-podcast/ 

• Like 2

Damn, I just saw a snippet of Nostalgia Critic/Doug Walker's review of TJB, which he did w/apparently the CinemaSins guy... and they shat all over the movie, I was a little surprised actually. Truth be told, he has admitted to have bitterness over Disney not adapting the original JB storyline for their kid friendly agenda ever since he saw the classic animation in the 1st place, but still.

Btw, I think 300M can be doable, assuming that it opens anywhere from 85M onwards. It will be crippled by Civil War almost for sure, but I still think the families and 3D can carry it to a 3x thanks to WOM.

14 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Maybe not if it opens to less than 100. Alice, Oz and Cinderella all couldn't crack 3x in the end.

Don't entirely disagree but a better reception and, just my opinion, more families will see this one than titles you listed. I'd say, this may not matter much either, but action's much better as well.

3 minutes ago, Ent said:

THE BOSS took in $1.24M on Thursday and has grossed $30.18M in 7 days domestically.

2 minutes ago, Ent said:

MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2 took in $0.448M on Thursday and has grossed $48.84M to date domestically.

Wrong thread. This is the weekend numbers thread, these are Thursday numbers.

32 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

idk, I think it'll perform on the same level as star wars, but that's just me

They're waiting until Disney releases JB Friday numbers then they're going to show them up with their massive results.

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

On May 8th, Disney will have three movies in a row get over $75M on their opening weekends...my God.

All with likely over 90% tomatometers too.

In fact, if it wasn't for Alice 2, Disney could potentially have all of their major films be massive blockbuster hits with great reviews this year as everything else looks just as promising.

3 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

All with likely over 90% tomatometers too.

In fact, if it wasn't for Alice 2, Disney could potentially have all of their major films be massive blockbuster hits with great reviews this year as everything else looks just as promising.

How about The Finest Hours?

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

3x or above. True family film with what should be excellent WOM. Although this depends on how much CW affects its late legs

I agree. If it hits 90 m OW then 250 m DOM will virtually be a lock. 

Lock that shit up. :locked2: