CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Important to note that Barbershop started previews at 5. The number is about 500k behind Ride Along 2.

Thinking on 85M for Jungle Book and 18-21M for Barbershop right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Same previews as Maleficent, hmmm

Maleficent was during the summer. Jungle book could do 80-90M+ from this. 

I think Oz also did something like 2M as well.

I was ready to go HOLY SHIT 100M IS HAPPENING :ohmygod::ohmygod:  :ohmygod:

And then I took a TROLOLOLOLOOL to the fandom :sadben:

4.2M is still great, on par w/Summer release based on much more popular property Maleficent (seriously, The Jungle Book is probably the least popular movie Disney's remaking; everybody knows Alice and Cinderella, Maleficent is widely considering one of the greatest villainesses, and even Oz is arguably more popular). But C'MON NOW, you just made 4.2M seem disappointing, CJohn, great fucking job :angry:

• Like 2

Oh CJohn.... been awhile since someone has pulled a Noctis and was successful.

Great number for JB! 80m just might be too low, but I don't want to over kill the expectations too soon.

Barbershop # is meh - I honestly expected 1m as the floor but oh well - lets see how low it goes this weekend and then we can start talking about how the well reviewed urban films flop....

• Like 2