kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 103.26 M THE JUNGLE BOOK | 20.24 M BARBERSHOP: TNC | 9.96 M THE BOSS | 9.03 M BVS: DOJ | 8.14 M ZOOTOPIA

9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Not sure what I was thinking... must have been a typo. :ph34r:

Barbershop: The Next Cut $65.00M $23.56M

There has to be a bug or something. some of mine are fucked too.

Barbershop: The Next Cut $65.00M $23.56M
Criminal (2016) $19.00M $6.12M

I did not do this. I'm not an idiot.
Edited by jj99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Welp. There it is. All my hope is lost :(

Kinda was hoping JB would increase, but it's damn good regardless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

Welp. There it is. All my hope is lost :(

Kinda was hoping JB would increase, but it's damn good regardless.

It's sad that Midnight Special has done badly. But I feel truly privileged that I was able to watch it - and I'm seeing it again tomorrow. It's spectacular and beautiful, it really is like watching Close Encounters, it has that feeling of awe and wonder.

6 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

the what series?

Friday. A series of 3 pretty good stoner comedy movies (Friday (1995), Next Friday (2000), and Friday After Next (2002)) starring Ice Cube. The first one also starred Chris Tucker.

You might know the first film as the origin of "Bye Felicia" or

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

It's sad that Midnight Special has done badly. But I feel truly privileged that I was able to watch it - and I'm seeing it again tomorrow. It's spectacular and beautiful, it really is like watching Close Encounters, it has that feeling of awe and wonder.

Sadly, I'll have to wait until Blu-ray to check it out. I love Jeff Nichols (although I'm not a fan of Close Encounters at all, so that comparison didn't help you much :P )

Alas, Loving will have to be my first Nichols in theaters :( 

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Friday. A series of 3 pretty good stoner comedy movies starring Ice Cube. The first one also starred Chris Tucker.

You might know the first film as the origin of "Bye Felicia" or

Never heard of either of those quotes.

But no, to answer your question, Ice Cube is not a star here. People know him but he doesn't really draw much of an audience. Just thinking back to his recent movies, Ride Along didn't make much of a dent, it did the equivalent of $45M. Ride Along 2 did a little better equivalent to ~$55M. Straight Outta Compton was a hit (although nowhere near the level in the US) but not sure if that counts.

Looking online, I don't think the Friday films got a release, in fact most of his movies either had a very limited release or didn't release at all.