WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's on track for a 55+% drop from the firsts' o/w and if it's lucky 40-45% of it's total.  It's awful - it's just that it could be worse.  It could be doing Gods of Egypt numbers..

well ya okay it's pretty terrible but I was expecting under 20M.

1 hour ago, SoSaysI said:

Their projection of $47-48 mil for Jungle Book seems really low for a family movie coming off a $5.89 million Thursday. 

Yeah. 47-48m would be ~4m less than ZOOTP's 2nd weekend (51.4m) after opening to 28m more.

ZOOTP's legs have been amazing and TJB's are yet to be seen. But it's been clearly well received and after that huge ow, even though it most likely won't have as good a hold as ZOOTP's -31.6%, it's certainly going above the 51.4m 2nd weekend.

Not going below 55m this weekend.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

I still don't understand why they thought Huntsman was a good idea.

At least Charlize got paid as much as Chris to return, I guess.

What's sad is that the inevitable failure of this is gonna lead Hollywood executives to take away the wrong message from it and assume "I guess people don't want to see female-centric big budget movies" and not "I guess people don't want to see sequels that no one really asked for."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Snow White and the Huntsman made a ton of money but did anyone leave it thinking "I hope we see a follow-up to it"?

Not really.

They left satisfied with the sight of Kstew in armour.