WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

In limited news, A Hologram for the King is looking at $1M for the whole weekend from 401 theaters. It still feels surreal that we have reached the point where a Tom Hanks vehicle could fly so under the radar.

Also, The Meddler is looking at $45K from 4 theaters. Probably doesn't indicate much room for expansion, unfortunately.

And be picked up by Lionsgate for distribution. Bizarre! 

20 minutes ago, bapi said:

I can assure you, they're not good actors.

You can't assure me because I disagree, which is coming off of the work that I've seen from all of those men. Including, and not trying to use any SH movies as examples here, what Hemsworth has done in almost his entire career (Rush being a non-Marvel standout), or Cavill in UNCLE, or Evans in Snowpiercer. All good performances, from actors that I find pretty consistent in terms of good performances, therefore I really don't feel ya here. But again, if you dislike them, good for you.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

And be picked up by Lionsgate for distribution. Bizarre! 

LGF is the worst distributor in Hollywood history. They got lucky with the Hunger Games and Twilight. They will never distribute a 100m flick in the future.

Just now, leatherjacket said:

LGF is the worst distributor in Hollywood history. They got lucky with the Hunger Games and Twilight. They will never distribute a 100m flick in the future.

Lionsgate needs to fire their marketing and management team if they wanna stay in the film game for longer, if you ask me. They can't rely on foreign presales all the time. 

• Like 2

Evans is great. One of the best renditions of SH ever. Cavil has a lot of potential but he has not been given good direction. The real Sup is hidden inside him and we see brilliant flashes of him, especially in MOS, sporadically but mostly it's been talent unrealized so far. Hemsworth and Thor I cannot take seriously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You can't assure me because I disagree, which is coming off of the work that I've seen from all of those men. Including, and not trying to use any SH movies as examples here, what Hemsworth has done in almost his entire career (Rush being a non-Marvel standout), or Cavill in UNCLE, or Evans in Snowpiercer. All good performances, from actors that I find pretty consistent in terms of good performances, therefore I really don't feel ya here. But again, if you dislike them, good for you.

Maybe bapi has gotten sick of these guys being in movies, lol. :P

And btw, i don't agree with him either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Never?  lol

11 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

NYSM2 is coming out later this year. Should easily surpass 100M

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You were expecting it to jump more than 190%?  

Yep. WOM seemed out of this world. Like I said it's a good hold though