WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe Disney hates Portugal. :ph34r:

:sadben: 

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Zootopia's been pretty big in Portugal from what I can tell.

Not because of their "amazing" marketing campaign, that is for sure <_< It was big despite of being sabotaged by that stupid dumb marketing team, not because of a good marketing campaign. The Jungle Book and Marvel movies couldn't do that. Me and my friend always go back to Easter 2014 when Divergent made Winter Soldier his bitch. Winter Soldier had a brutal decrease from the first movie here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hopefully someday a random suit looks at the OS markets and sees the ass shit results their movies make here most of the time and say "WTF?! Someone change the distributor of our movies here NOW" because we definitely need that. The marketing team of Disney Portugal has no clue how to sell anything. The Jungle Book bombed and Marvel movies here were never huge. BvS was easily bigger than any of them. 

What does it feel like to live in box office Bizarro World?

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

What does it feel like to live in box office Bizarro World?

They simply need a good marketing team handling their movies. When WB, Paramount, Universal, FOX and Sony all have top notch marketing teams and Disney has people sabotaging their releases it is kinda hard. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Not because of their "amazing" marketing campaign, that is for sure <_< It was big despite of being sabotaged by that stupid dumb marketing team, not because of a good marketing campaign. The Jungle Book and Marvel movies couldn't do that. Me and my friend always go back to Easter 2014 when Divergent made Winter Soldier his bitch. Winter Soldier had a brutal decrease from the first movie here.

If Divergent is what fancies Portugal then Disney may have the right idea in not caring.:ph34r:

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

EUROPE

United Kingdom

experienced the second biggest opening day and weekend of all time

grossed $20.5 million to come in third among all overseas markets

Please correct this lol, it's a major mix up. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe Disney hates Portugal. :ph34r:

Considering that the Disney Channel is one of the top rated cable channels, hardly :ph34r:. Basically, it's just that the Disney marketing team couldn't sell a movie to an adult (not kiddie) audience even if their lives depended on it.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

If Divergent is what fancies Portugal then Disney may have the right idea in not caring.:ph34r:

Marvel movies were big here before moving to Disney. The problem is Disney Portugal, not the country. The First Avenger sold 180000 tickets here. Winter Soldier sold only 125000 tickets thanks to a god awful marketing campaign.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Considering that the Disney Channel is one of the top rated cable channels, hardly :ph34r:. Basically, it's just that the Disney marketing team couldn't sell a movie to an adult (not kiddie) audience even if their lives depended on it.

The Jungle Book bombed buddy. That team has no clue how to sell a movie. All of them have bad marketing campaigns. 

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

London Has Fallen was bigger here than any Marvel movie without Avengers in the title ffs. Just fucking ABSURD. 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Jungle Book bombed buddy. That team has no clue how to sell a movie. All of them have bad marketing campaigns. 

How big were the crowds when you saw CW and JB?

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

How big were the crowds when you saw CW and JB?

The Jungle Book had like 30 people on a Thursday night. It bombed with the adult crowd and it wasn't anything big with families.

Civil War was sold out but it was a Saturday night so not selling out would be a major red alert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The Jungle Book had like 30 people on a Thursday night. It bombed with the adult crowd and it wasn't anything big with families.

Civil War was sold out but it was a Saturday night so not selling out would be a major red alert.

30 people for a weekday sounds decent but it depends on how big your area is. Another question: how crowded are subtitles compared to dubs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I actually missed that part in your post. WAIT, WHAT?!! TJB BOMBED? They couldn't sell the fucking Jungle Book to kids?

I can't believe it. We're the country w/the most failed admissions of one of our films into the Best Foreign Picture Oscar category ever by far (32 failed attempts); fucking MINIONS is our #2 film ever at the BO (Avatar being #1); Mamma Mia, The Da Vinci Code and Shrek 3 are all in our top 10 ever at the BO too; Divergent, Transporter and Hitman are big hits while Marvel movies and The Jungle Book are either meh hits or straight up bombs; our own films are either the worst fucking remakes ever or they're wannabe artsy Terrence Malick-like borefests... Portugal sucks for movies. And this is coming from someone who wants to get a degree in Cinema. I hope to God that either I can make movies great again around here... or I'll just pack my ass to Canada, because I can't go live to the US, too many shootings there :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

30 people for a weekday sounds decent but it depends on how big your area is. Another question: how crowded are subtitles compared to dubs?

Dubs did good with the families during the weekends. The subtitle version was only available at night for adults and it bombed. The Jungle Book will end with half of Maleficent and Cinderella here and just above the other Disney fairytale bomb Oz The Great and Powerful. Btw, neither Maleficent or Oz had dubbed versions. 

It was in the 3rd biggest theater in the country. On the same night The Huntsman sold 210 tickets (100 for 4DX and another 110 for 2D). 

• Like 2