WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Neither of us will have to race for it next weekend since the mods will post the thread a couple days in advance :lol: 

That's true, but at the same time I'd be glad not starting a thread that's probably going to end up being a bloodbath ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Neither of us will have to race for it next weekend since the mods will post the thread a couple days in advance :lol: 

You guys already know how this works. Good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Before previews come in, I'm getting an itchy feeling that Ratchet and Clank is going to be another Jem/Kasbah. 

I didn't know it even had previews :lol:

Ill make my own final predicts before numbers come in. 115k for previews, 7M for weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Before previews come in, I'm getting an itchy feeling that Ratchet and Clank is going to be another Jem/Kasbah. 

Yup, I won't be surprised by a 2-3M OW for R&C.

• Like 1

Not to go all La Binoche, but I'm positive that the review quotes for Mother's Day are funnier than the actual movie.

"The film equivalent of the KKK projectile vomiting onto celluloid while a group of men attempt to write a screenplay about women with their privates."

"If you love your mother, do not make her see this movie."

"Directed by Garry Marshall, who died 15 years ago but whose body has continued to make movies as an autonomic response."

"It's like a nightmare in which you are trapped in an endless Kmart aisle of horrible holiday cards."

"Taking your mom to see "Mother's Day" might sound like a great idea, but by the time it's over she may be ready to disown you."

"The cinematic equivalent of a greeting card with a dumb, inoffensive joke you hastily grab at your local Hallmark. Actually, maybe it isn't quite up to those heights."

"Less funny than the last movie titled Mother's Day, and that was a violent horror film."

"Mother's Day doesn't feel like a movie so much as it does a cinematic adaptation of Walmart."

"A movie so far up its own posterior that it includes the threatening exchange 'They made a womb float for Mother's Day?' 'I can't wait to see what they do for Father's Day!' Well, I can."

"A film so awful that if one were to put up a list of the great films celebrating motherhood, it would rank considerably lower than the Gus van Sant version of "Psycho.""

lol

• Like 15

Just now, Lestranger said:

Feel like Keanu is under-performing. Opening of around 10 million in a weekend with no comp. These guys are huge, they are everywhere. I was expecting mid teens on this.

Not really. The average person has no clue who either Key or Peele are.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You guys already know how this works. Good.

yup, you'll state that previews are 80m:lol:

ironically your post of 7m for TJB which would have led to 100m+ weekend was quite prophetic

go for it. be Cassandra this time though:stirthepot:

• Like 1