WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

Just now, CJohn said:

Dubs did good with the families during the weekends. The subtitle version was only available at night for adults and it bombed. The Jungle Book will end with half of Maleficent and Cinderella here and just above the other Disney fairytale bomb Oz The Great and Powerful.

It was in the 3rd biggest theater in the country. On the same night The Huntsman sold 210 tickets (100 for 4DX and another 110 for 2D). 

:ohmygod: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I actually missed that part in your post. WAIT, WHAT?!! TJB BOMBED? They couldn't sell the fucking Jungle Book to kids?

I can't believe it. We're the country w/the most failed admissions of one of our films into the Best Foreign Picture Oscar category ever by far (32 failed attempts); fucking MINIONS is our #2 film ever at the BO (Avatar being #1); Mamma Mia, The Da Vinci Code and Shrek 3 are all in our top 10 ever at the BO too; Divergent, Transporter and Hitman are big hits while Marvel movies and The Jungle Book are either meh hits or straight up bombs; our own films are either the worst fucking remakes ever or they're wannabe artsy Terrence Malick-like borefests... Portugal sucks for movies. And this is coming from someone who wants to get a degree in Cinema. I hope to God that either I can make movies great again around here... or I'll just pack my ass to Canada, because I can't go live to the US, too many shootings there :ph34r:

The Jungle Book will end with half of Maleficent and Cinderella here. The bombage was unreal. 

Isn't Fast 7 on our Top 5? I know it is the biggest OW ever. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

:ohmygod: 

The Huntsman was a one week wonder, tho. 50000 tickets sold on the first 7 days. Might not sell 100000 tickets in total :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dubs did good with the families during the weekends. The subtitle version was only available at night for adults and it bombed. The Jungle Book will end with half of Maleficent and Cinderella here and just above the other Disney fairytale bomb Oz The Great and Powerful. Btw, neither Maleficent or Oz had dubbed versions. 

It was in the 3rd biggest theater in the country. On the same night The Huntsman sold 210 tickets (100 for 4DX and another 110 for 2D). 

And yes, Furious 7 is also in our top 5 (I think behind Minions and Mamma Mia). At least a decent movie up there. Also, Madagascar 3 was in the top 20. As a big fan of that movie, I'm happy for that. But then my happiness got cancelled by fucking Indiana Jones 4 being there too.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:
Date
(click to view chart)
Rank Weekend
Gross
 / 
% Change
Screens Change /Avg. Gross-to-Date Week #
Apr. 14–17 1 $210,140 - 128 - $1,642 $210,140 1
Apr. 21–24 2 $130,961 -37.7% 58 -70 $2,258 $385,586 2

TJB is having decent holds in Portugal at least.

That was an ok hold. A family movie has to hold better than that here. Also, April 25 was a holiday so that was an extended weekend. 

31 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

So, looking at the top domestic numbers for this year, who would've fuckin guessed that Deadpool, Zootopia, and The Jungle Book, would outgross BvS? 

This is just fuckin hilarious. 

Funny isnt it you fail to say those movies outgrossed ALL Marvel Disney movies and X-Men movies except IM3 and Avengers of course.

• Like 2

Let's not forget Star Wars opened below Fifty Shades of Grey in Portugal. Yeah, our Disney team sure has made a fantastic job in the last few years. They should be all FIRED.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Let's not forget Star Wars opened below Fifty Shades of Grey in Portugal. Yeah, our Disney team sure has made a fantastic job in the last few years. They should be all FIRED.

donald trump the apprentice youre fired

Maybe the new CEO in two years can fix international marketing. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Superhero UK opening weekends 2016:

Batman v Superman: $20.7m

Captain America Civil War: $20.5m

Deadpool: $19.9m

All are 3 day openings. 

So BvS wins in UK

• Like 1

Superhero Portugal OWs in 2016:

Deadpool - 112000 tickets sold

Batman v Superman - 107000 tickets sold

Civil War - Totally not over 100000 tickets sold -_-<_< (curious to see the number tomorrow, tho)

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Maybe, maybe not. Civil War has 4-day OW that has not finished yet.

Didn't it opened on Friday? So that is a 3 day OW. 

6 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Maybe, maybe not. Civil War has 4-day OW that has not finished yet.

No it doesn't. We don't have 4 day opening weekends. Our box office week always ends on the Sunday night. BVS had Easter Monday but not included in opening gross. Civil War has May Day. Not included either. 

• Like 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

Rest in piss Jennifer Aniston's film "career" 

Nice #s for The Meddler...talented actresses like Sarandon and Rose Byrne winning :)

Does it ever get tiring trashing people you don't really know all the time?

• Like 5