CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Next weekend is going to be DEATH:

Captain America: 81.8M

The Jungle Book: 14.5M

Money Monster: 6M

Mother's Day: 4.3M

The Darkness: 4M

Zootopia: 1.9M

The Huntsman: 1.8M

Barbershop: 1.6M

Keanu: 1.6M

The Boss: 1.2M

Great WW total. And great domestic opening as well. Before seeing the movie, I thought 160M would be the range. Upping to 185M after watching it, so I'm very happy with the numbers.

Excited for 2nd viewing later on today. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I want to congratulate to CW for a humongous weekend. Indeed a spectacular number. A few things we all were able to get from this movie.

No matter how big, no matter the time, no matter how many good reviews, no matter the lack of competition, for a movie to gross $200+ million at this age is EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY difficult.

We have been lucky to witness three movies to hit this mark in the last four years (two of them last year). But we better be careful of calling a movie a guarantee 200+ million nowadays.

And those three had something that would push them over that barrier.  Avengers - first culmination of a CBM shared universe. JW-a huge nostalgia trip for many. SW7- Star Wars nuff said.  

However, I think CW may have been a lot closer if not over 200,  if not for Deadpool and BvS opening .  2 mega CBM events would burn off GA demand IMO.  

• Like 2

Its a great opening

Perhaps Disney should have retitiled the film Avengers Civil War but then people would be pissed its a CA movie.

Would be similar domestic run but may have helped overseas. 

Im here but on my phone. Cant change the title.... and today is you know Mother's Day and all. So not everyone is rushing to get on to the site.

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Im here but on my phone. Cant change the title.... and today is you know Mother's Day and all. So not everyone is rushing to get on to the site.

LOL I was joking.