CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That's so disappointing, I was expecting way more for an Avengers movie introducing Spiderman.

I'm glad I won a pass from Disney to watch it for free so I won't have to pay for it, because I have a feeling it will be boring.

LOL OK Napoleon.

• Like 5

Also I love how in that James Corden interview with Sebastian Stan sitting next to her she began putting the moves on him and he turned red.

It would be cool to see her and Douglas onscreen together again. I love that these movies bring so many stars back together.

51 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Didn't her husband cheat on her after 13 years and they got divorced a year ago? I'm sure she needs some space right now and will gladly take a huge check for IW

It was with JLaw, too. Sly dog. But it ended because JLaw wasn't having it.

200.gif

21 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

So this is disappointing but BvS did fine? LOL

Again, it has less to do with any objective financial analysis and more to do with the films that analysts' predictions would have compared it to. Batman v. Superman's most direct comparison was Furious 7, which means an OW of about $148M would have been considered on-track. It surpassed that with $166M. Meanwhile, the inflated projections for Civil War meant the most direct comparisons were Spider-Man and The Avengers, leading to OW expectations of around $205M. It fell well short of that inflated goal, hence the disappointment, even though from a financial standpoint it's actually in a better position than BvS.

Edited by johnboy3434

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

“I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”

Than she goes to London saying how she loves nobody cares about money at her dinner parties. 

Gotta love Forbes article about the numbers.

They said BVS drops hard against Civil War. :)

You can't get more biased than that. By the way, they were the ones saying Civil War would make at least 2 billion worldwide. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/07/friday-box-office-batman-v-superman-drops-hard-against-captain-america-civil-war/#f0bf133102f3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Gwen is right. Americans are obsessed with money. It's why our government is going down the toilet. Europeans know how to live. They work less and play more. 

But some European governments are going down the toilet as well

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Gotta love Forbes article about the numbers.

They said BVS drops hard against Civil War. :)

You can't get more biased than that. By the way, they were the ones saying Civil War would make at least 2 billion worldwide. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/07/friday-box-office-batman-v-superman-drops-hard-against-captain-america-civil-war/#f0bf133102f3

Well BvS dropped hard even against nothing but Zootopia's week 3 and The Boss... so.

• Like 2

It should get between $180-190 OW. That's not bad, and makes over $450 million domestic. It's a solid hit for Marvel. They should bring in also decent success with X-Men, and Doctor Strange this year as well. 

Still catching up with the thread but all in all a solid start.   Originally had it at IM3 numbers then 180 and after the reviews 190.  OS numbers were pointing around 180.  So overall, it met my earlier expectations.  I still think that this has a good chance to beat AoU for final DOM.

As as for marketing. Yeah it was pushed as Avengers 2.5.  The cast, press tours, posters, ads (United We Stand...).  Hard not to see that they were pushing Cap v Iron Man. The movie itself though is still very much a Captain America movie, with a lot of supporting character, and a great one at that. 

Catching it again tonight at 7:30 and may watch with brother and sister in law tomorrow.

• Like 1