CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Puss in boots is the only good movie besides shrek in the shrek universe.

Shrek 4ever was inspiring to this mid-40s man. Shrek tutored me about the value of past glories and the tragedy of a wasted present. A year after I saw it  in 2010, I had a  new house and new wife, and have been happy ever after. 

Edited by SteveJaros

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What the hell is with all this Shrek 2 hate?

The uber-success of Shrek 2, the 8th most popular DOM movie of the past 20 years, is the single most baffling box office performance of that same time period. There was and is no good reason that film broke $150m DOM. Wasn't funny, wasn't clever, and was too loud and noisy. All IMHO. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Shrek 2 is funnier then the first for me. I still laugh everytime I watch it.

It's really not hard to see why it was so popular either. 

Yeah even in my 20's I  still enjoy it. 242?cb=20131024004721

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

There's *another* Shrek series? Is it a part of a Shrek Extended Universe of which I am unaware? 

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What the hell is with all this Shrek 2 hate?

lmao at this Shrek debate. I was referring to the series of a young boy and his unrelenting love for a certain ogre.

Shrek is love, shrek is life. What, you thought there was only one?

zOSCjA.jpg

Edited by somebody85

Shrek2 is funny and awesome. Btw, it probably has sold more tickets than all movies since 2000 with the exception of TFA. Some of the online hate is due to fanboys of various franchises getting severe burning due to its phenomenal success.

• Like 1