CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Its noon. How can u possiblt Know how well its playing here?

I think Disney is usually conservative with their week end estimates most of the time, no ?

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wow, thiSi laughable revisionism at its highest. Loads of Tv spots and posters focused on all the characters. Not just Cap and Iron Man. Not to mention an Iron Man movie alone opened to 174m . Just him alone added a huge boost

You say it is revisionist and then type out exactly what I said above proving what I was pointing out.  

Thanks?

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Rogue One's been a lock to win DOM in 2016 since the glowing r55-6501ption of Force Awakens. Doesn't  hurt that it ties into the OT as well. I'm thinking $550M+ is the floor unless it's poorly received.

Oh MY GOSH 

Some of you guys are really going to be shocked. Imo 400 would be outstanding for Rogue One. 550 Is the floor? Oy Vey!

• Like 5

I caught up on last ten pages in about 45 seconds. Just skipped over all the stupid  debate about whether its a Cap or Avengers movie.

To quote Ace Merrill and Deputy Gault....who gives a shit.

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer said:

Oh MY GOSH 

Some of you guys are really going to be shocked. Imo 400 would be outstanding for Rogue One. 550 Is the floor? Oy Vey!

It definitely can gross that much, but I have a feeling we will see a repeat of this weekend in December if RO opens to 130m or so.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Oh MY GOSH 

I'll admit that expectations for Rogue One are a bit bullish, but Star Wars movie + Holidays is gonna lead to some great numbers. Assuming it's at least a solid movie. I think it's still in pole position to take the year domestically. 

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm not betting against it but I find the trailer rather dull, maybe because the lead came off serious and dreary and everything else a well except for Forrest hamming it up with his one eye.   I need some JEJ Darth Vader to get interested or at least R2D2.

Yeah, I'm not feeling Rogue One at all right now. Sorry, but the actress and her outfit make me think Hunger Games and I cannot shake that feeling. And that alarm sound in the trailer does not build any tension, it's just fucking annoying. When I'm begging for your trailer to be over already, that's not a good thing.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

RIP Batman vs. Superman. Now would be the time to release that extended cut.

It wouldn't make much.  It's far more profitable to WB as an inducement to buy the Blu-Ray

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Oh MY GOSH 

It's getting out of hand B.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling Rogue One at all right now. Sorry, but the actress and her outfit make me think Hunger Games and I cannot shake that feeling. And that alarm sound in the trailer does not build any tension, it's just fucking annoying. When I'm begging for your trailer to be over already, that's not a good thing.

It is the first teaser.  You are going to get another one later in the summer and an actual trailer in the fall.  Wait until you see Darth Vader and other familiar characters show up and see how you feel.  

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It wouldn't make much.  It's far more profitable to WB as an inducement to buy the Blu-Ray

:lol:

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

It is the first teaser.  You are going to get another one later in the summer and an actual trailer in the fall.  Wait until you see Darth Vader and other familiar characters show up and see how you feel.  

Maybe I will feel better later, but that teaser did not succeed in teasing me. 

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

So #10 DOM of all time and #9 WW of all time is considered "pretty good" these days? :huh:

You guys are brutal...

The Force Awakens just really messed this box office thing up. Nothing is gonna be good enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

i'm really surprised Jungle Book dropped this much, weren't there double feature JB + CW showings?

The drive-ins around here are still pairing it with Zootopia. Apparently if they were to get Captain America they would've been forced to jack prices up.