CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Spotlight's a good movie that I had no problem with winning. It definitely wasn't the best of the nominees.

Room Forever. I'm sure Kilmer was in there somewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Spotlight is one of the best choices in quite some time.

The last time I didn't like a Best Picture winner was The English Patient. That Seinfeld episode pretty much hit the nail on the head.

i used to not like the english patient because i watched it when i was a dumb kid and it's kinda a cool (obvious/boring) choice for "bad best picture winner" but i rewatched it on tv a couple years ago and it's fucking beautiful man. really impeccable work from all involved. fuck veep man the fuck does she know?

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

At least the Weinsteins didn't get a sniff of anything this year.  

Not getting a BP nominee is the beginning of the end for them, there are quite a few up and coming indie studios doing better than them and A24 could be a mini-major within a few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Carol was great though and it's a shame it wasn't nominated.

It should have been.  But that's payback.....they had a film that actually deserved it but they got so many nominations and wins....like the READER (make me barf) for films that didn't deserve it so this was the movie gods flipping them the bird.

The only real major injustice at the Oscars this year was that awful, awful, awful Sam Smith song winning. Easily one of the most godawful winners ever in Oscar history. They should just retire the Song category forever after that.

Also: Alicia Vikander winning for blatant category fraud in a lame movie but at least I can pretend she won for Ex Machina instead.

• Like 1

here's my thing with the reader i think the sex stuff works and then they try to bring the holocaust shit into it and there's no more sex any more and suddenly it's about ralph fiennes teaching an old lady to read wtf. pretty lame movie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Remember when they got Joe Biden out to present Lady Gaga and she lost? :lol: 

Song was pretty bad tbh, glad she didn't win.

But then Sam Smith won so...:sadben:

• Like 1