kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers: 3.9 M CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

Just now, Daxtreme said:

Hey guys, a new outstanding 1080p rip of ZOOTOPIA just hit the internet yesterday night.

What are your drop anticipations? I say 60% WoW starting now. 

I say it doesn't make a difference at all.

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Hey guys, a new outstanding 1080p rip of ZOOTOPIA just hit the internet yesterday night.

What are your drop anticipations? I say 60% WoW starting now. 

I felt something was up when it's bo eroded yesterday :ph34r:,

7 6 Keanu WB $281,914 +31% -36% 2,120 $133 $19,133,840 19
8 8 Zootopia BV $277,633 +41% +7% 1,935 $143 $332,314,545 75
9 9 Barbershop: The Next Cut WB $166,397 +24% -33% 1,333 $125 $51,649,382 33
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

That trifecta is something amazing and unique that happened in pre-summer bo and needs to be celebrated with a recurring meme.

What possible 2017 and 2018 pre-summer trios do you think can at least finish close to this three?

I really doubt CA3's missing $400M DOM. There's never been a movie that opened higher than HP: DH2's $169M OW....and not get to $400M. Even Iron Man 3 managed to do $409M DOM on a $174M OW with a lesser reception.

It's not a massively frontloaded young-adult franchise like Twilight.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What possible 2017 and 2018 pre-summer trios do you think can at least finish close to this three?

2018 schedule is not certain but in 2017, the big ones seem to be :

Lego Batman (Feb) #2

Beauty and the Beast (March) #1

Kong:Skull Island(March)

Wolverine (March) #3

Fast 8 (April)

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

2018 schedule is not certain but in 2017, the big ones seem to be :

Lego Batman (Feb) #2

Beauty and the Beast (March) #1

Kong:Skull Island(March)

Wolverine (March) #3

Fast 8 (April)

2018 will have DEADPOOL II, though. I suppose that's the untitled Marvel-Fox in January. Then you have BLACK PANTHER in February and then MEG, GIGANTIC, THE FLASH, READY PLAYER ONE in March. April has an untitled Disney fairy-tale.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

LOL at you guys taking Baumer's joke seriously. :lol: 

I think it's fair to say CA3 is massively frontloaded, though. 

As all MCU sequels will be from here on.  Hell they've always been, but they didn't receive the kind of praise that this one did, so everyone assumed it was due to poor word of mouth and mixed reception. 

This is just normal. 

We shouldn't expect good legs on anything besides non-sequels. 

Edited by Rallax
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

2018 will have DEADPOOL II, though. I suppose that's the untitled Marvel-Fox in January. Then you have BLACK PANTHER in February and then MEG, GIGANTIC, THE FLASH, READY PLAYER ONE in March. April has an untitled Disney fairy-tale.

Oooh...DP2

yeah DP2 surely amongst the biggest. feel like

DP2 #1

Flash #2

Gigantic #3

Ready Player One

Disney Fairy Tale...what could it be?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

2017: The Lego Batman Movie (Feb), Beauty And The Beast (March), Fast 8 (April)

2018: Black Panther (Feb), Gigantic (March), whatever remake Disney's conjuring up - maybe The Jungle Book 2? (April)

Still, the thing about the Zootoglebookpool trifecta is that all of the three came completely out of nowhere. Nobody ever saw DP gross over 360M and 760M WW (will probaby go 770-780M after Japan release). Nobody ever saw TJB go over Alice In Wonderland DOM (even if the 1B WW predictions weren't out of question, at least for me they weren't). Nobody ever saw Zootopia be anywhere near the type of monster that it was. Three mega surprises.

So yeah. Your trifecta of magic can be as amazing as you can hope it is - but it'll never have the Zootoglebookpool swagger EVER. #DarkHorsesOf16

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

2017: The Lego Batman Movie (Feb), Beauty And The Beast (March), Fast 8 (April)

2018: Black Panther (Feb), Gigantic (March), whatever remake Disney's conjuring up - maybe The Jungle Book 2? (April)

Still, the thing about the Zootoglebookpool trifecta is that all of the three came completely out of nowhere. Nobody ever saw DP gross over 360M and 760M WW (will probaby go 770-780M after Japan release). Nobody ever saw TJB go over Alice In Wonderland DOM (even if the 1B WW predictions weren't out of question, at least for me they weren't). Nobody ever saw Zootopia be anywhere near the type of monster that it was. Three mega surprises.

So yeah. Your trifecta of magic can be as amazing as you can hope it is - but it'll never have the Zootoglebookpool swagger EVER. #DarkHorsesOf16

You forgot DEADPOOL II (maybe) for January 2018.

I did. Ha ha.

Edited by kayumanggi