WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

Just now, grey ghost said:

It's okay.

But I have zero reason to rewatch it and that's coming from someone who loves the predator concept/mythos.

That lie in the Predators trailer with the  multiple laser beams was lame as fuck though.

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Off topic but I watched Haneke's Cache and I'm so confused about the ending. Am I stupid? Don't answer that. But really, what happened? 

Spoiler

The two sons had met before and probably planned that whole shit show.

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I wouldn't say the legs of Civil War are bad either.

It s just the size of the tank at this moment in time for a big Marvel film.

Think about the Twilight argument and you ll understand what I mean, Baumer already explained this in a recent post.

Twilight films never had bad legs.

Yep, you heard me.

It needs 430m to have a 2.40x multiplier - same as AOU.

I think few expected that it will come in below 2.40x.

CA1 and CA2 did 2.7x+. This was half-Avengers movie and much bigger previews were always expected, so I had it down to 2.55x.

But sub-2.40x (2.37x gives 425m) is surprising.

No big deal as it's a great total but ~2.5x was as low folks went before the release.

I think Tele and Baumer had said it won't do much above 2.5x and most others were going higher.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

3RD UPDATE, Friday 10:27PM: Sony/Rovio’s The Angry Birds Movie is coming in toward the top of its weekend projections with a $40.1M opening after scoring a $11M Friday. 

Universal’s Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising was never expected to top its predecessor’s opening weekend of $49M. Sequelitis was always a factor in slowing down grosses, but we didn’t know it was going to be this low with an estimated Friday of $7.6M and weekend of $20.1M in third.

Warner Bros. The Nice Guys is currently coming in on target with its projected opening at $10.8M. CinemaScore shows a B-, which runs counter to the great reviews this film is receiving at a 90% fresh score

Neighbors 2 is a fucking flop. An unnecessary sequel to a lame comedy.

I want to know how Lobster and Love & Friendship expanded. Seeing both tomorrow. 

Also: 

B Cinescore for Neighbors 

B+ for Angry Birds

Edited by La Binoche

Yikes! I went higher on Neighbors in the Derby to hedge my bets but should have stuck with my under 25m thoughts cause with that Friday number if it weren't for the holiday on Monday I would think under 20m might even be a possibility.

Angry Birds is right on Target for around that 40-41m range good total for it, obviously it all comes down to the Saturday increase at this point.

And FINALLY got to see Civil War today - first movie the wife and I have been to since Star Wars at Christmas time (just us, we did take the kiddos to Zootopia) - its was just fine, not all this over the top greatness but its not a bad film by any stretch - glad it's doing well.

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

B- cinemascore for Nice Guys ? I would think the audience that would seek this out would like it

I think it just didn't ever have much mainstream appeal, making the decision to give it a prime summer opening even more baffling. They should've released it in February or March.