WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, the villain reveal was obvious and so was the blueberry switcheroo. But then again it is probably because we watch too many movies. The MPAA defines a frequent moviegoer as someone who watches more than 3 movies a year, 3 movies means one over Memorial Day, 4th of July and Christmas basically.

This is what the MPAA's definition is:

Infrequent: Once a year (10% of America)

Occasional: Goes 2-11 times per year(49% of America)

Frequent: Goes at least once a month/12 times per year (10% of America)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Too bad there isn't a spoiler thread for Zootopia so people can voice their concerns there.

Too bad the movie has been out for like 3 months

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The X-Men face the Apocalypse. Alice goes through the Looking Glass. The Popstar never stops never stopping.

DID I JUST SPOIL ALL OF THESE UPCOMING MOVIES?! BUAHAHAHAHA

:apocalypse:

Just now, RichWS said:

June 10th will be an interesting weekend, but I'm prepared for a lot of griping about things being boring until the 17th. 

That's probably the weekend that looks most boring to me coming up. Warcraft doesn't look very appealing, I don't care about a Now You See Me 2, and I never saw The Conjuring so there ya go regarding the sequel.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nobody has commented about how good The Darkness's drop was, only 52.3%. It highlights how much a new horror movie is needed and why Conjuring will do at least 40M on OW.

That's not saying much when it made nothing to begin with lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's probably the weekend that looks most boring to me coming up. Warcraft doesn't look very appealing, I don't care about a Now You See Me 2, and I never saw The Conjuring so there ya go regarding the sequel.

A lot of good stuff has been said about the Conjuring 2 though. I think that could break out. 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm interested to see how the sequels fare and how badly Warcraft bombs. 

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is what the MPAA's definition is:

Infrequent: Once a year (10% of America)

Occasional: Goes 2-11 times per year(49% of America)

Frequent: Goes at least once a month/12 times per year (10% of America)

I've been to the movies 54 times this year. What does that make me, crazy for not getting paid to do it?

• Like 3

Just now, SteveJaros said:

I've been to the movies 54 times this year. What does that make me, crazy for not getting paid to do it?

I'm really curious how many people see 30+ movies a year, the MPAA should look into that for the 2016 report.

So I've lived to see the day that a movie that just hits $400m DOM could 'reasonably' be called a dissapointment.

2002 me would have been shocked to hear that.  Hell, 2010 me would be surprised to hear that.

Though I suppose TPM was labled a 'dissapointment' when it 'only' did $431m DOM on it's initial run.  But that's only because us SW loonies really REALLY wanted to beat the boat and didn't take it not coming close very well some of us SW loonies really didn't appreciate just how much money it did back in the day. ;)

• Like 1

I still haven't watched Zootopia and I am really looking forward to it actually after all the hype over here. Should I skip this thread? :ph34r:

Anyways, very good start for Apocalypse all things considered. Here's hope it does amazing business in China. That's always a possibility.

Edited by Arlborn

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm really curious how many people see 30+ movies a year, the MPAA should look into that for the 2016 report.

I saw 47 last year, which was my highest since 2009 (that's what happens when you're single). Between 2010-2014, I was averaging about 20. If I had the time and money, I'd go more. God bless ya if you can go 54 times by Memorial Day. 

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Clooney and Roberts, while removed from their primes, are still bigger than Crowe (who hasn't been a consistent draw in years) and Gosling (who has never really been a draw at all) have ever been.

None of them could open a film with a low-key concept to over 20m these days, anyway.