WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

19 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

your whole family saw mockingjay part 2, they have good taste

tumblr_o1bphaLIBM1qfh70bo1_250.gif

TBF, little bro was totally dragged to Mockingjay; he hadn't seen the other three and was really confused lol

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm sure you watched Fifty Shades of Grey with your mom too. Oh CFlop...

No, I didn't :lol: I haven't watched Fifty Shades at all tbh. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The problem is that even the "original" blockbusters coming up don't look all that great either. Warcraft? The Legend of Tarzan? Eh.

Although I think Central Intelligence is going to slay. The market needs a comedy right now and it looks hilarious.

I'm really looking forward to Passengers.

Was looking up last year's MD weekend box office charts, and realized that I completely forgot about the Poltergeist remake which was released last year. Also, trade analysts and reviewers went way too easy on Tomorrowland's performance last year, I actually remember reading weekend BO reports which said "This should play well to families and have long legs through the summer". All thanks to their love for Brad Bird I guess, then again Brad Bird got away scot free thanks to everyone laying the blame squarely on Lindelof.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Was looking up last year's MD weekend box office charts, and realized that I completely forgot about the Poltergeist remake which was released last year. Also, trade analysts and reviewers went way too easy on Tomorrowland's performance last year, I actually remember reading weekend BO reports which said "This should play well to families and have long legs through the summer". All thanks to their love for Brad Bird I guess, then again Brad Bird got away scot free thanks to everyone laying the blame squarely on Lindelof.

Tomorrowland was for Brad Bird what John Carter was for Andrew Stanton

• Like 1

Remember when the It remake was reportedly canned because they thought people didn't want to see horror movies with clowns in them (since the marketing for the Poltergeist was focused squarely on a clown doll)? LOL the idiocy of Hollywood executives.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Tomorrowland was for Brad Bird what John Carter was for Andrew Stanton

How Tomorrowland had a budget of 190M is beyond me. Maybe 20 minutes of the actual movie takes place in Tomorrowland. The rest is pretty much set in suburbia.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

How did it made money? It did 3.5M DOM.

its budget was 2M, it made 10.2M worldwide. It may have had a larger marketing budget, so I may be wrong, though I saw 0 marketing. Regardless, through theatrical sales and home media, it will turn a profit either way

Edited by Treetrunk Special

How Tomorrowland had a budget of 190M is beyond me. Maybe 20 minutes of the actual movie takes place in Tomorrowland. The rest is pretty much set in suburbia.

Looking at the movie without knowing, I would have said it had a 100M budget at most. 

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Not quite. Everyone was all too happy to trash John Carter at the outset

John Carter is easily superior to Tomorrowland in every way. 

Ok, the lead is better in Tomorrowland. That is pretty much it. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Looking at the movie without knowing, I would have said it had a 100M budget at most. 

Maybe he pulled a Bryan Singer and actually grew the cornfields seen in the movie. Apparently, Christopher Nolan actually grew the cornfields seen in Interstellar, and sold the corn for a profit #HailNolan

• Like 1