CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

It's not a competition lol. Everyone trying to out-woke eachother. 

Halle Bailley is really talented. There's no reason for Ariel not to be black. Disney tries to appeal to the widest demographic, hence why they're putting diversity in the front. That's it. 

-

This kinda turned into a meme in Latin America (mostly semi-controversial but not really rejecting it) so there's huge awareness already. 

16 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

It's not a competition lol. Everyone trying to out-woke eachother. 

Halle Bailley is really talented. There's no reason for Ariel not to be black. Disney tries to appeal to the widest demographic, hence why they're putting diversity in the front. That's it. 

-

This kinda turned into a meme in Latin America (mostly semi-controversial but not really rejecting it) so there's huge awareness already. 

I was sad to see a lot of racist comments from a lot hispanic ppl tbh (I can speak spanish)

3 hours ago, Snowman said:

For the one who is still upset about Halle as Ariel. She was cast because of her voice that reminds me of Ariel and her natural personality that also reminds me about Ariel not because of her Looks. 😗

Her looks are good enough for me.:sparta:

Could a cast announcement at D23 mean filming could start in the fall or early winter? Could that mean they land a Memorial Day 2021 release date? This is the only one I know of after Mulan where they are this far. (besides maybe Lady & The Tramp which is slated for D+ and would fail on the big screen anyway).

Lilo & Stitch has been swirling but there are no definitive announcements. TLM is it after Mulan.

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Could a cast announcement at D23 mean filming could start in the fall or early winter? Could that mean they land a Memorial Day 2021 release date? This is the only one I know of after Mulan where they are this far. (besides maybe Lady & The Tramp which is slated for D+ and would fail on the big screen anyway).

Lilo & Stitch has been swirling but there are no definitive announcements. TLM is it after Mulan.

Usually when the cast is filling up like this it means filming will be starting sooner than later so I imagine it's gonna be shooting by October or November. Fully expecting Disney to place this on Memorial Day 2021 with an official announcement at D23.

• Like 1

I’m very down with this Ariel casting. Zendaya would have been great too, all those fan arts of her out there got me impressed.

But considering how her singing voice is a big part (if not biggest) of Ariel’s character, Halle is a better choice.

Not too sure about Harry Styles as Prince Eric though. But get those fan girls demo if you must Disney.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/little-mermaid-live-event-special-abc-with-aulii-cravalho-stars-ariel-queen-latifah-ursula-shaggy-sebastian-1202660483/

Not this movie, but still interesting I guess. Gotta love Shaggy as Sebastian tho. This movie better get Sean Paul then. Dude would kill Under the Sea

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/08/little-mermaid-live-event-special-abc-with-aulii-cravalho-stars-ariel-queen-latifah-ursula-shaggy-sebastian-1202660483/

Not this movie, but still interesting I guess. Gotta love Shaggy as Sebastian tho. This movie better get Sean Paul then. Dude would kill Under the Sea

Disney+ launches a week after this plus Frozen 2 opens the week after that so expect lots and lots of promos for those during this.

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Auli’i Cravalho was one of my fan castings for this movie. Love the casting! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

So I was never really all that attracted to Harry before, but in that outfit...wow.

I think he's probably the best looking of all the former One Direction band members. He's also had the most interesting career after they disbanded and that itself makes him more attractive than the rest.