CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

10 hours ago, YM! said:

It's literally just a loud minority of pathetic racist chuds dislike-bombing. This movie is fine and believe that it'll bomb because of that is kind of suspect.

SO if you think the film does not look good, you are a  racist??

I don't think it looks good, but then I don't like this whole genre.

But if you want to send this thread into the abyss, play the race card.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Dude, I despise these remakes more than anyone. The only reason I’d check this out is because I like Halle. However, it is clear that the mass dislike video bombing is largely based on racism as the general audience usually eats this nostalgia-pandering slop up with a smile. Also mass-dislike video bombing seems like a not good parameter of judging the film’s box office success especially when it probably was going to get this scrutiny from the get-go (Captain Marvel comes to mind for instance).

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Dude, just don’t 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

203K likes to 1.1M Dislikes

This movie is fucked.

seriously ? these guys r disliking any vdo that have the little mermaid title ?! even break downs and reaction ! how can l take these guys seriously ? it's so childish ! even if the movie is good and underperformed( <750m$ ) or flapped then we can take these guys seriously ! 

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

does that lion king trailer have 1.1 m dislikes ? or any other disney live action remakes ? apart from few al most everything looked like crap ?!

and the overwhelming hate was showered it cause of casting a black women ! it's not a secret ! u maybe didn't hate it and disliked due to how it looks but u r a minority in that dislikes

11 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The "racists are doing this" doesn't explain the LACK of likes. Dislikes don't subtract likes.

The teaser has 1.2 million likes, and the new trailer is at 225k. Those aren't lacking numbers under normal circumstances.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Do big movies that have bombed every gotten the level of dislikes that this one has gotten? 

I didn't think so. The dislikes are a combination of bots and a campaign of hatred. People who were truly neutral going into watching the trailer and truly did not like to so much (but were interested enough to actually watch it) probably just didn't vote either way. The level of dislikes is a movement created by people who want to see how many dislikes it can get.

• Like 1

Nobody but youtube knows how many dislikes the video got. People talking about dislikes are using the plugin, which is extrapolating based on the behavior of other plugin users, and people that obsessed with youtube dislikes are far from a representative sample. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a lot of dislikes, similar to the Rings of Power trailer, but this conversation really isn't based on anything concrete.

Edited by Last Man Standing
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The "racists are doing this" doesn't explain the LACK of likes. Dislikes don't subtract likes.

Have you not heard about bots or just pretending they don’t exist on purpose. Because it’s very fucking hard in the first place to get over 1M likes/dislikes in under 10M views without bots

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YM! said:

Have you not heard about bots or just pretending they don’t exist on purpose. Because it’s very fucking hard in the first place to get over 1M likes/dislikes in under 10M views without bots

isn't it obvious ! when there r tone of dislikes for reactions and break downs of the trailer ! this movie became a center point of this stupid culture war! i really want this movie to be good and do well in box office ! hope they nail the songs 

Hot take: they made Ariel way too beautiful. Emma Watson and the other series leads have been good looking people who get dolled up by Hollywood. In this film, it looks like a young Tyra Banks/Beyonce beauty queen swimming around scantily clad. Parents might find it a bit overly sexual, even if it is unintentional. Young girls will look at her and feel inferior by comparison as opposed to the "That could be me/I am just like her!" vibe they usually go for.

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

Hot take: they made Ariel way too beautiful. Emma Watson and the other series leads have been good looking people who get dolled up by Hollywood. In this film, it looks like a young Tyra Banks/Beyonce beauty queen swimming around scantily clad. Parents might find it a bit overly sexual, even if it is unintentional. Young girls will look at her and feel inferior by comparison as opposed to the "That could be me/I am just like her!" vibe they usually go for.

6 hours ago, excel1 said:

Somebody was pretty thirsty last night. 🤨 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, excel1 said:

lol

• Like 1