CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

The group of people you're referring to was too busy wailing about an all-female Ghostbusters at the time. Try harder with the whataboutism. Next.

Which also had nothing to do with race and everything because of another change from the original thus proving my point yet again.

Weak deflection anyway though.

We're unlocked.

@scabab has been threadbanned indefinitely, and I doubt we're letting his racist ass back in here.

Also we're done with this stupid "Is Halle pretty actually" stuff we were seeing here. This shit is sexist and gross and dumb, especially when she's prettier than all of y'all.

If you guys could stop being weird about this silly kids movie about mermaids and princesses, that would be real swell. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

22 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I know people will get offended but it's true. And just for context, if they were to have made a Princess and the Frog movie instead, I would've been interested in seeing that, but Disney  idn't want to make that movie. Will they eventually? Probably, but who knows at this point? It's just that it doesn't look like the Ariel I know and love which as a Little Mermaid fan, makes me lose interest. It's nothing to do with being racist. I'm just sick of the game Hollywood is playing where they can't bother to create original characters or IPs. They have to change the characters that are already popular and people are already attached to because they know they can pander and it'll get them more money in the short term than if they had built up more original characters. Look, I'm sure Halle Bailey is great and will do a wonderful job in the role and I definitely don't support any of the racist comments which will inevitably come because internet assholes, but yeah.

Hmm then what makes you lose interest, if you think the main character is great and will do a wonderful job...

On 3/21/2023 at 2:54 AM, Hatebox said:

Please stop making me root for the movie with this stupidity. I really don't want to.

I feel your pain. I despise raciam. but also have  huge dislike for thise live action reamkes.

Halle Bailey will make a good Lois Lane opposite Jacob Elordi in Gunns Superman after her star power explodes with this movie. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Had a dream this was like 75 minutes long, they cut out all the songs, it took place in a swimming pool instead of an ocean so Disney could “cut costs”. Melissa McCarthy had one line, and Flounder was just a voice inside Ariel’s head.

Man, it was terrible.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had a dream this was like 75 minutes long, they cut out all the songs, it took place in a swimming pool instead of an ocean so Disney could “cut costs”. Melissa McCarthy had one line, and Flounder was just a voice inside Ariel’s head.

Man, it was terrible.

But made $2 billion?

On 3/22/2023 at 6:16 PM, excel1 said:

Halle Bailey will make a good Lois Lane opposite Jacob Elordi in Gunns Superman after her star power explodes with this movie. 

Okay. You sold me.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, excel1 said:

Lois Lane is a brunette, not a ginger.