CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

GOd, why the hate for Indian Jones?

Not hate. I love Indy. One of my favorite franchises of all time. And a lot of others love it too. Objectively, though, the movie doesn't have much to offer to young people. At least TGM had.....young people in it.

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Indy5 has no one to market to. The movie has absolutely zero appeal to anyone younger than 30, little appeal if any to people in their 30's.. Indiana Jones is a long forgotten franchise without the modern luxuries of video games, toys, tv shows, etc. It will be lucky to hit much over $300 million and may not even get that much. TLM will be head to head with GOTG3 for the summer title.

People said the same thing about TGM.

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The only thing I see having a chance against super Marios is Indy5 with insane level WOM  legging to 550-600m+ Dom and TGM numbers  OS.

I think Flash might be able to do it.

Edited by poweranimals

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This should clean up. No female competition until Barbie

Except for Dumbo, the live remakes of Disney Classic films always clean up at the box office.

They won't get my money..I have no intrest is paying to see this...but I can see box office reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flopped said:

This is not a letterboxd friendly movie. That site is literally a platform to show off your ~superior taste. Half of it is people pretending they loved movies they secretly hated or didn't watch. 

Or they have other interests than just what Hollywood sells, which is absolutely fine and even a reality for most people overseas (a big portion of LB users) since we’re used to see something beyond just sequels and IP’s because our culture and industry is different 

17 hours ago, Maggie said:

This should clean up. No female competition until Barbie

Elemental (3 weeks in) and Joy Ride (2 weeks before barbie) seem like various sorts of female skewing competition though I assume Disney has some model suggesting Elemental and TLM will not eat each other like a deranged French chief would eat a crab.  

8 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Elemental (3 weeks in) and Joy Ride (2 weeks before barbie) seem like various sorts of female skewing competition though I assume Disney has some model suggesting Elemental and TLM will not eat each other like a deranged French chief would eat a crab.  

Joy Ride isn't competition for this since one is PG and the other is R.

• Like 2

Soundtrack is out digitally. Been listening to Under the Sea...

... and I can't stop listening to it. I have a problem. Mind you, Under the Sea is probably my single favourite Disney song and I'm a sucker for any version of it, so I was probably going to enjoy this regardless, but I fully expect this version to be eviscerated all over the internet.

Whatever. I love this version of Under the Sea, so I'll just keep listening to it.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Heart 1

2 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

... and I can't stop listening to it. I have a problem. Mind you, Under the Sea is probably my single favourite Disney song and I'm a sucker for any version of it, so I was probably going to enjoy this regardless, but I fully expect this version to be eviscerated all over the internet.

Whatever. I love this version of Under the Sea, so I'll just keep listening to it.

Love the soundtrack!

6 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

I have to admit, Daveed Diggs as Sebastian has really grown on me listening to Under the Sea.