CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

I just can’t understand this continued obsession with thinking hyper-realistic talking animals works in any way. It’s not hard at all to have stylized anthropomorphic CG animals that fit nicely into live action in this day and age. Hell, even Roger Rabbit style cartoon characters blend far more naturally into live action than this crap. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I just can’t understand this continued obsession with thinking hyper-realistic talking animals works in any way. It’s not hard at all to have stylized anthropomorphic CG animals that fit nicely into live action in this day and age. Hell, even Roger Rabbit style cartoon characters blend far more naturally into live action than this crap. 

I just don't get the populairtyof this whole live action version of aniamed classics given that all of them so far have been medicore at best, without the charm and energy of the originals.

Not that my opinions matters; this will still make a mint for the Mouse.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I just don't get the populairtyof this whole live action version of aniamed classics given that all of them so far have been medicore at best, without the charm and energy of the originals.

Not that my opinions matters; this will still make a mint for the Mouse.

Maleficent (the first one) and Aladdin are really fun, and Cinderella, Cruella and The Jungle Book were deemed to be actual good films. BatB, TLK, Mulan, Mistress of Evil and the Alice films are poop. Haven't watched Lady and the Tramp and Pinocchio yet.

Going by Marshall's track record, I think this may fall in the first category with Mal1 and Aladdin as enjoyable as he can do a serviceable job if the source material is excellent (Into the Woods) even if he hasn't shown a capability (so far) of elevating stories.

Edited by Spidey Freak

10 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Especially after A2 those underwater sequences look like absolute ****. 🤣

Regard underwater stuff for TLM I wasn't expecting anything near close to A2 quality cgi as we know they spent years to work on this at Weta and other movies will not have such long workflow.
But for The Little Mermaid I was more disappointed with overall gray, desaturated, lifeless look of whole movie especially underwater shoots than cgi itself.

1673220920351006.gif

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:27 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Maleficent (the first one) and Aladdin are really fun, and Cinderella, Cruella and The Jungle Book were deemed to be actual good films. BatB, TLK, Mulan, Mistress of Evil and the Alice films are poop. Haven't watched Lady and the Tramp and Pinocchio yet.

Going by Marshall's track record, I think this may fall in the first category with Mal1 and Aladdin as enjoyable as he can do a serviceable job if the source material is excellent (Into the Woods) even if he hasn't shown a capability (so far) of elevating stories.

I though Allddin was terrible; anyway I think the Maleficeint films are not exactly remakes; more like spinoffs.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:52 AM, adaros said:

Regard underwater stuff for TLM I wasn't expecting anything near close to A2 quality cgi as we know they spent years to work on this at Weta and other movies will not have such long workflow.
But for The Little Mermaid I was more disappointed with overall gray, desaturated, lifeless look of whole movie especially underwater shoots than cgi itself.

1673220920351006.gif

And that it is competing with memories of the original does not help matters.

It looks fine most of the time to me. Yeah, some scenes look weird (CGI) and the acting could be better in others, but I'm still on board for this.

I must say though, the initial response to the trailer has been a little lackluster imo. I don't know if they did right premiering this during the Oscars... The teaser made more noise than the trailer, which was overshadowed by the event.

Let's see how this will perform. Maybe the 18M viewers cared enough for it.

5 hours ago, Mickiland16 said:

"The Little Mermaid’ Trailer Earns Most Disney Live-Action Views Since ‘The Lion King’ (Exclusive) Over The Flash (97M), Indy 5 (79 million first two weeks), the first teaser (104 million) and just a bit behind Gotg 3 second trailer (133M).

Lmao

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

203K likes to 1.1M Dislikes

This movie is fucked.

The haters being obsessed just gives this free marketing like the original Captain Marvel

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

This movie is fucked.

You really have NO clue how anything in the world works, do you? I mean-you probably actually think that 1.1 million people watched the video and disliked it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

This movie is fucked.

It's literally just a loud minority of pathetic racist chuds dislike-bombing. This movie is fine and believe that it'll bomb because of that is kind of suspect.

• Like 2