CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Was really hoping for that floppage weren't you :P

It points towards massive boringness. 90M 4-day or so.

• Like 1

Alice Through the Looking Glass brought in an estimated $1.5 million from Thursday night previews from approximately 2,800-3,000 theaters. As a basis for comparison, Men in Black III opened over Memorial Day weekend in 2012 and brought in $1.55 million from midnight showings before opening with $54.5 million for the three-day and $69.2 million for the four-day, holiday weekend.

From Mojo

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, stripe said:

So DOFP had the same previews but people predict Apocalypse to fall 20M short of DOFP opening?

DOFP was also a sequel

is a sequel to dofp. so more front-loading than dofp.

LOL I was walking to chem class and passed this smaller group of girls (grade 9 I think) sitting at their lockers and they were like 

"have you seen the fifth wave?"

"Ohmygod I love that movie! Did you see mortal instruments?"

"who do you think I am of course I have!"

I miss high school

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Haven't X-Men movies been a sequel since, I don't know, the second one almost 15 years ago? Is that really a big factor for this one?

Also, this one had no IMAX.

Anyway, good numbers, it's in line with the optimistic range of predictions I guess. I believe it deserved more though.

Yeah. I meant that it's a sequel to DOFP cause was comparing 8.2 vs 8.1.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Why did I raise the bar on my club to 150M :sadben: Oh well, at least I likely have another rousing success :) 

Didn't know you raised the bar. I had gone In with ~135m :)

Success though.

• Like 1

It's a good number for Apocalypse.

Some people want this movie to fail ( I wonder why ), which means any positive news are gonna be downplayed by haters. Just relax, guys.

I also think it's gonna have better legs than BVS. I can't believe that BVS has such pathetic multiplier. It didn't even manage to double its opening weekend numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I also think it's gonna have better legs than BVS. I can't believe that BVS has such pathetic multiplier. It didn't even manage to double its opening weekend numbers.

Lieutenant Dan had better legs than BvS..