kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Hope in places like Germany and U.K. Where weather hurt it bad last week can have decent holds this week to compensate 

Will it be clashing agianst WW in those markets?

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Does it have holidays in Japan? That could help 

General summer vacation (which start mid-July) plus Obon (one of the three biggest holiday weeks along with Christmas/New Years and Golden Week) in mid-August.

Edited by KP1025

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Germany no but UK yes

still MIB 3 in 2012 was hurt by weather and increased second weekend despite going up against both Snow White and Prometheus

Also, as much as I want to be wrong, I doubt WW will be that big OS. 

Mid week grossers are hard to compare as we dont know which markets have reported and which have not. Weekend to weekend drops will provide better picture. Cine directors have predicted 55% drop in france. Inside kino is predicting 30% drop in germany(its weekend last week was depressed bcos of sunny weather). We will know Australia number soon as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Mid week grossers are hard to compare as we dont know which markets have reported and which have not. Weekend to weekend drops will provide better picture. Cine directors have predicted 55% drop in france. Inside kino is predicting 30% drop in germany(its weekend last week was depressed bcos of sunny weather). We will know Australia number soon as well.

are these predictions or numbers? Do we have any new numbers? 

Yes, the first trend was ca. 400k. No second trend so far but I will update when it comes. The first clouds arrived in parts of Germany but it's still mostly sunny.
What I forgot to mention is that Monday is Pentecost Monday here, again a national holiday. That will help the Sunday evening plus it's more important that Monday is also predicted to be mixed weatherwise.

Edit: Second trend 375k, slightly in front of Baywatch with also 375k. Weather is becoming worse in most states according to reports.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

Back to 400k admissions in the third trend (Baywatch also, everything else is up too) :).

And if I understood correctly, it is down (only) 27% in UK and doing fine in Russia and China, so in my books OS looks just fine this weekend. Hopefully WW will be close to $540 million after Sunday.
  • Like 1