La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

The marketplace seems way too crowded recently, 2 big movies last weekend, three this weekend, another three next weekend.

Well that s the US summer season for you, always tons of big movies released every week-end.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

But really, if you were a Paramount executive wouldn't you greenlight a TMNT sequel? I would do it first thing in the Monday morning after the OW (which was what happened lol). 

The marketing for this sequel was also SHIT. Re-watch the trailers for the first movie. It were 500 times better. 

Unlimited potential. Warcraft fanboys losing their shit and claiming China will be enough and that America has no taste and everyone made up their mind long before watching it. Ethan will suffer at our hands. And we will praise James Wan for saving us.

I kinda hope the Conjuring series continues  . I wouldn't mind seeing the Smurl haunting be the premise of 3.  

Just now, The Futurist said:

The new Fast & Furious movie could have a pretty big drop too, dom & WW IMO.

Best case scenario for the new one is a performance similar to Fast 6.

• Like 1

Just now, TLK said:

How much will Pitch Perfect 3 drop ? I think the best case scenario is a 50% drop.

There seem to be problems behind the scenes with that movie. They have moved it a lot on the release schedule and now Elizabeth Banks has exited as the director. 

Just now, CJohn said:

There seem to be problems behind the scenes with that movie. They have moved it a lot on the release schedule and now Elizabeth Banks has exited as the director. 

Maybe there's a salary dispute going on we'll never hear about.

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

The marketplace seems way too crowded recently, 2 big movies last weekend, three this weekend, another three next weekend.

It's not too crowded. People just don't want to see these movies.

Unless we're thinking about the big February, March and April releases that caught everyone's attention. Maybe people are just waiting for good movies.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

Any sequel that could go up on the horizon for a change ?

This doom & gloom upsets me !

:(:ohmyzod:

Ant-Man 2 I think will go up

Infinity War Part 2 should increase from whatever Part 1 makes.

all i I can think of on top of my head

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

wonder if they can just make another X-Men movie with the old cast (Jackman, Stewart, Famke Jannsen, James Marsden, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin, Halle Berry) again. I think people prefer that cast

Didn't Jackman say he was out after Wolverine 3?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

But really, if you were a Paramount executive wouldn't you greenlight a TMNT sequel? I would do it first thing in the Monday morning after the OW (which was what happened lol). 

The marketing for this sequel was also SHIT. Re-watch the trailers for the first movie. It were 500 times better. 

Unlimited potential. Warcraft fanboys losing their shit and claiming China will be enough and that America has no taste and everyone made up their mind long before watching it. Ethan will suffer at our hands. And we will praise James Wan for saving us.

Smart fans should have accepted by now that Warcraft will flop in the USA and moved on to keeping an eye on the Asian and European gross, really. Just take the hit like a champ, you know. Fans being fans though...

Still, Warcraft should make for a fascinating movie to follow regarding its gross. How much does China and OS in general truly matter? How much from there is enough to guarantee a sequel to a blockbuster? We may be about to find out.