WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

14 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So how often does this sort of thing occur folks when going to see a movie??? Let's say this was a 1PM showing and it was this empty: Wouldn't they just cancel showing the movie knowing no one gave 0 fucks about it to not show up???

There's no point in cancelling it.  By the time you would realize it's empty, the movie is already going.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

All things considered that's pretty darn spiffy for Conjuring 2 (and by all things, I mean competition, sequelitis, and a slight drop in reception). Should have a nice leggy run, based on that IM. Really feeling a 45+ or even 50 mill breakout for Central Intelligence- marketing has really ramped up, and a high-concept comedy with two of the biggest current draws in Hollywood (The Rock is probably in the top five or even top three of current draws, whereas Will Ferrell had dropped dramatically) just screams hit.

I hope Central Intelligence breaks out big time, a big successful comedy is needed into the marketplace right now. The Boss and Neighbors 2 are leading so far a lackluster year comedies despite some decent profit, but nothing big like the last couple of years. The Rock has also had decent hits within the past 5 years after his string of family films and action duds. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

There's no point in cancelling it.  By the time you would realize it's empty, the movie is already going.  

Here they cancel it. There is a 15 minute window between the beginning of the show and the actual movie starts (which consists of trailers and ads). If nobody shows up they pull the movie. 

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm so confused. What happened to Warcraft's overseas number? What happened to 300M?

Someone from the china thread said BOM had counted China's daily grosses ( probably the fourth day ) twice.  Then, BOM updated the same number again, which gave a 301 million worldwide for Warcraft. Now that they corrected the number, it went back to what it really should be.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

With Dory/Central Intelligence combo  and decent holdovers next weekend. Dory at its second weekend making about $50-$55 million ,Independence Day:Resurgance at about $50 million or even World War Z level, and once again solid holdovers for the weekend we could have a better June than we did a May. 

I honestly doubt Warcraft gets a sequel. At least Pacific Rim had good legs, good reviews and has a big potential to expand in China. Warcraft has none of those.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

But, Deadpool has to be in X-Force. X-Force has the potential to be huge for them and so it makes sense for them to put a lot of their chips on Deadpool and X-Force. If they try to use him to rescue X-Men, there is potential for overkill. They can only use him so much and his sequels and X-Force make sense.

I agree. X-Force seems to be the better choice now. They'll probably see how Wolverine 3 performs, in order to see what's gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I honestly doubt Warcraft gets a sequel. At least Pacific Rim had good legs, good reviews and has a big potential to expand in China. Warcraft has none of those.

Pacific Rim made more than 100 million domestic and it made more than 400 million wordwide.

At this point, I doubt Warcraft will make 400 million worldwide. It might make less than 50 million domestic ( ouch ).

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Warcraft will barely make 50M DOM......fuck.

It looked like laughable shit. Fanboys saw it on Thursday, and OD but mainstream audiences aren't going to pay money to see films like this, and it felt like John Carter 2.0 or even Jack The Giant Slayer 2.0 all over again.

• Like 1

Central Intelligence will likely be successful for New Line/WB but Universal are distributing it overseas so they won't see any of the OS money but it'll probably do $80-100m so assuming the budget was split 50/50, it's still enormously profitable for both studios. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Warcraft won't get a sequel unless China finances and distributes it

Pacific Rim sequel will bomb everywhere except China

That's why I think Expendables 4 will do if Stallone is still thinking about it. 

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

It looked like laughable shit. Fanboys saw it on Thursday, and OD but mainstream audiences aren't going to pay money to see films like this, and it felt like John Carter 2.0 or even Jack The Giant Slayer 2.0 all over again.

100%, Warcraft was disappointing (as an avid fan of the game).

This may be a stupid question, but why do studios give out weekend estimates on Sunday? Why not just give Saturday estimates on Sunday like they give Friday estimates on Saturday? There's no much point in using the opportunity to lie about the numbers, since the truth will come out in just 24 hours. And if they're going to lie anyway, why not lie about the actuals? At least those numbers will stick.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I see there is still a bit of Fel left in you :jeb!::redcapes: 

Only the truth is, I'm being completely honest.  I showed up 45 minutes before (so I could catch the 30 min pre-show) thinking, "Surely, Popstar will have seats, even if it's the Drafthouse." And of course I was wrong and bought the two last seats in the house.

• Like 1