WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

Ok, well, here goes:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:  13X

TFA/JW: 8X

Titanic:  7X

Terminator 2:  5X

Friday the 13th remake: 5X

Texas Chainsaw 3: 4X

Matrix Reloaded 4X

Crystal Skull:  4X

Blair Witch:  3X

And too many others to count.

• Like 5

Just now, Baumer said:

Ok, well, here goes:

Matrix Reloaded 4X

...just trying to unpack the first one.....

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 13x.

13x in theaters?

How many times a week did you see it while it was out?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

...just trying to unpack the first one.....

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 13x.

13x in theaters?

How many times a week did you see it while it was out?

Films in 1989 lasted way longer in theaters than they do now.  It wasn't uncommon for films in the 80's to stay in theaters for up to a year.  I don't think Indy stayed that long but it played into the winter....anyway.....I had a friend who worked at the local theater and she would let me see it for free as often as I wanted.  There were weeks when I saw it three times.  The first time was at a drive in on opening night...I've told this story here before, but on opening night, the girl I was seeing at the time, decided that she wanted to do sexual things to me right at the beginning of the movie.  It was opening night and I had been waiting for this film for years.  I told her "NO".....i mean this hot 16 year old girl wanted to perform favours on me and I wanted to watch the movie.  We didn't date for very long lol....but back to the amount of times I saw it, it just never got old....i love that movie.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I'll catch CW next summer when it's on Netflix.

Just wait until the next MCU film comes out and they'll have it running on FX and TNT every other day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

Films in 1989 lasted way longer in theaters than they do now.  It wasn't uncommon for films in the 80's to stay in theaters for up to a year.  I don't think Indy stayed that long but it played into the winter....anyway.....I had a friend who worked at the local theater and she would let me see it for free as often as I wanted.  There were weeks when I saw it three times.  The first time was at a drive in on opening night...I've told this story here before, but on opening night, the girl I was seeing at the time, decided that she wanted to do sexual things to me right at the beginning of the movie.  It was opening night and I had been waiting for this film for years.  I told her "NO".....i mean this hot 16 year old girl wanted to perform favours on me and I wanted to watch the movie.  We didn't date for very long lol....but back to the amount of times I saw it, it just never got old....i love that movie.

Ooh la la.

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Ok, well, here goes:

Matrix Reloaded 4X

List makes me looks like a slacker. Most I've ever seen a movie in theaters was three times. Mind you, I grew up in a time when movietickets were much more expensive, and thus I had to be safer with my cash, but still, damn!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

True dedication.

I can't imagine why that relationship didn't last...

• Like 1