WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is terrible. How is this gonna have the legs of the first one? It will barely beat the OW of fucking Annabelle!

Nah, considering sequels have been dropping like flies, it's performance is very good. People expecting 50M+ were setting themselves up for massive disappointment. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Conjuring 2 will be lucky to do 90M total :sadben: NYSM will be lucky to do 60M :sadben: Warcraft will be lucky to do 65M :sadben: RIP

Conjuring 2 will have decent legs with good reviews and WoM.  Yes, it is a sequel, but that doesn't completely discredit the legs.

NYSM should hit 60M, even if it'll get there in discount run.

But yeah, Warcraft is screwed domestically.  WW should be much better, though.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Conjuring 2 will be lucky to do 90M total :sadben: NYSM will be lucky to do 60M :sadben: Warcraft will be lucky to do 65M :sadben: RIP

90M would be fucking great for a horror movie John what are you blithering about

Conjuring had nearly a 3.3 multiplier.  Let's say Conjuring 2 drops down to a 2.3.

If it comes off of a 38 million opening (my personal prediction), that's still a gross of 87.4M.  Being strict and saying it'll have a 2.5 multiplier, that still gets it to 95M.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

People predicting 50M+opening for The Conjuring 2 were setting them self up for disappointment. It was always going to decrease from the first one

How's that 37M NYSM prediction working out for ya? :redcapes: 

10 hours ago, MrPink said:

Sometimes when you're watching a movie and a girl suddenly gets frisky and tells you to bring her to  climax with the clinical efficiency of the assassination of Bin Laden....you gotta do it. 

@Spaghetti4Real

Especially when you're with the original basic bitch. #MonaLisa

• Like 6

So, TCJ2 is 500k behind TCJ (16.4 mil vs 16.5 mil), and that's a bad thing? Also, if it matters any, Friday was game 4 of an NBA finals featuring a team with the all-time best regular season records. Possibly the BO numbers could be subdued because of that?

8 minutes ago, Spaghetti4Real said:

Especially when you're with the original basic bitch. #MonaLisa

Y'know, if I were gay, I'd probably do it in the movie theater too with another guy, because we deserve that right. (Not gay)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

So many horrible numbers. They hurt my eyes and my feels. 3 more franchises that died this weekend. And I liked all 3 :sadben:

Not so fast about Warcraft! there's still hope:)

• Like 1