CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

16 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

One person from screening said embargo dropped on Thursday...

YEAP.

last Thursday and still no reviews? That's wrong.

Based on IT that was released on the same weekend last year (and basically this is the case for most WB movies) I would expect the embargo to lift tomorrow.

Thursday sounds really strange unless the movie is actually disasterously terrible which seems something we'd at least hear something about already.

EDIT: hold up the person meant last Thursday? :wintf:

Edited by Lucas

On 8/28/2018 at 11:06 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Judging a movie's quality based on almost always poorly edited "clips," has to be among the top ten dumbest things that amateur film fans on the interwebs engages in. 

I slightly agree with your sentiment. Some of the clips for this film seem rather "silly", but I was just trying to say that they only seem that way due to be taken out of context.

6 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Wasnt that the same IT last year ?

Was it?

I know that WB was screening the hell out of IT in LA -- I saw it two weeks early and I'm not a critic, and there were a bunch of screenings that I missed.  Far as I've noticed THE NUN screenings are Wednesday night outside of the red carpet premiere.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Thursday sounds really strange unless the movie is actually disasterously terrible which seems something we'd at least hear something about already.

EDIT: hold up the person meant last Thursday? :wintf:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-nun-box-office-projection-jennifer-garner-peppermint-1202456596/ 

The Nun which is expected to bring the Burbank, CA studio moola from heaven with an estimated $36M-$45M start at an estimated 3,700-plus locations. Two out of three tracking services have The Nun north of $40M, and there’s a very good chance that the Corin Hardy-directed pic will rep a record debut for The Conjuring universe, besting the first 2013 installment’s debut of $41.8M. Total awareness, first choice, and unaided awareness on The Nun is best with females under 25. Already we’re hearing that advance ticket sales are ahead of Annabelle: Creation and The Conjuring 2. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jking123 said:

gonna be a sleeper hit .Revolutionary for horror movies.Predicting straight up 91 per cent on rotten tomatoes.

I agree with the first part. About the second I think is too high. The first Conjuring is at 86% and It 83% so the 91% you're predicting is a bit too high. I would expect it around 70%-75%.