CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

Excluding the first “Annabelle”, there has been a formulaic pattern with these “Conjuring” movies, and for the most part it works. This formula is blatantly present in “The Nun”. The most beneficial aspects of these movies that keep the franchise afloat are the use of practical effects, well-written and/or likable characters, and most of all the framework. Those were the reasons why the first movie worked and all of those elements are mimicked here in a way that still feels refreshing and new.

FULL REVIEW HERE: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//the-nun-review

Edited by rjones1325
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Critics Consensus: The Nun boasts strong performances, spooky atmospherics, and a couple decent set-pieces, but its sins include inconsistent logic and narrative slackness.

I love good atmosphere in horror films and strong performances is always a plus. Don't see how inconsistent logic is an issue in a horror film about some evil, demonic nun lol

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Kinda disappointed that this won't be another modern horror classic like Conjuring 1 and 2, but I'm really in the mood for a spook-fest right now so I'll probably really enjoy this. 

I hope it's just critics in a bad mood. I wait for this movie all year and I don't want to see another first Annabelle.

• Like 1