FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Part of the beauty of Pixar though is that everyone (except Baumer) can enjoy them from 

And that's fine, but I'm sure a lot of their creatives have non family-friendly ideas and if not officially make their films through Pixar they could at least utilize their resources.  The Borrowed Time short film, for example 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I doubt Disney would ever put out a PG-13 animated film under the Disney brand name. If Pixar were on their own I could definitely see that happening though. 

It would be a lot of resources for a risky proposition. Probably will never happen.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This range strongly points towards a real Friday to Saturday drop. 

Eh, would be a minor one at worst. If anything it points to it mimicking TS3's OW, since that essentially stayed flat from its real Friday to Saturday. Won't be surprised if it comes in close to TS3's small 13.5% Sun drop too with the Holiday. 

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

We have officially found our big 330M+ June movie. Every month had one this year so far besides January. 

And Pets has the only real chance of being July's, which would make it the third of the sixth months to be animated movies. 

16 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Also if I'm cherry picking, I'm doing so in favor to support all movies for greater diversity, and just ask that people pay closer attention to WHAT a critic has to say rather than JUST the number. Does that sound reasonable to you? I've just taken some of your numbers and revealed multiple layers back to you, showing how one-sided your cherry picking can be. I don't know why somebody would do that? You're trying to prove, whilst ignoring anything that is good, that something is bad. Why? I'm a proponent for diversity, so I do not much care for all my movies about cute talking animals in brightly colored-settings. Name all the RT 90%+ blockbusters (call it 800 million WW+). How many studios do you see represented there? Sure, I love Disney movies too, but I would like some support for all kinds of movies? Is that so bad? I don't even like Warcraft, but I sure would like to see Hollywood pursue other game movies or continue to feel fantasy is a viable genres. 

You really aren't revealing any layers except paranoia.  You're cherry picking.  So what if one or even a handful of reviewers didn't like Dark Knight for whatever reason. 94% liked it with most loving it.   Ditto 92% liked/loved The Avengers while 8% didn't.  That's why RT has over 300 reviewers and not just 2 or 10.  It's a consensus and one made of largely the same critics for film after film.   By in large the same critics who reviewed Mad Max last year reviewed BvS this year. Ditto those who reviewed Zootopia & Alice In Wonderland 2.  Skyfall  & Spectre.  DOFP, Deadpool &  ApocalypseCivil War & Thor: The Dark World.   Inside Out , Cars 2 or The Good Dinosaur.

That Disney consistently makes well reviewed blockbusters is not a conspiracy.  Just like it wasn't when WB was making LOTR, Harry Potter and the Nolan Batman Trilogy and dominating the charts.

Greater diversity and quality of movies is up to the studios and audiences who choose to watch.  It's not RT's responsibility.  RT which was owned and is still partially owned by WB.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Wont it drop by about 20% on Sunday? Wouldn't that put it closer to about 135 million instead of 1:40?

Father's Day should put the drop closer to 15%, especially since it's already following TS3's holds which opened on FD weekend as well. 

• Like 3