FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 hour ago, DAR said:

That Deadline article said Johnson had a cameo in Get Smart, um that was one long ass cameo

Yea, I thought the same thing when reading the article lol.  I guess Taylor Lautner had a cameo in the Twilight series too as did Bradley Cooper in Wedding Crashers and Harold Ramis in Ghostbusters and so many more. 

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

So Central Intelligence is supposed to have a big anti bully message yet the main selling point in the trailers was to make you laugh at fat Dwayne Johnson. 

They were selling it as a comedy, not a drama.  

Nice, it'll stay flat from real Friday as expected. Always figured that going over 50M Sat would be very difficult, so I'm perfectly fine with these results. Hope Dory sets the new animated OW bar as high as possible.

Also, @Baumer, about that point you made on animated films being simply kids films and nothing else, and how come they would inexplicably bring together adults... funny, you could say the exact same words about Bayformers and Baynage Mutant Ninja Turtles ;).

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Nice, it'll stay flat from real Friday as expected. Always figured that going over 50M Sat would be very difficult, so I'm perfectly fine with these results. Hope Dory sets the new animated OW bar as high as possible.

Also, @Baumer, about that point you made on animated films being simply kids films and nothing else, and how come they would inexplicably bring together adults... funny, you could say the exact same words about Bayformers and Baynage Mutant Ninja Turtles ;).

I know lots of adults who like Pixar and animated films, I just think it's weird, that's all.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Imma get as greedy as I want! Time to curb stomp all over that damn ogre. :ohmyzod:

It really bothers some of you Pixar loonies that Shrek is more popular than any Pixar creation lol. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It really bothers some of you Pixar loonies that Shrek is more popular than any Pixar creation lol. :)

More like Shrek the Third. I could live with Shrek 2 having the overall record, but that rancid sequel having the OW record for NINE YEARS straight?! Awful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

More like Shrek the Third. I could live with Shrek 2 having the overall record, but that rancid sequel having the OW record for NINE YEARS straight?! Awful.

I'll feel the same way about Finding Dory having the record.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I know lots of adults who like Pixar and animated films, I just think it's weird, that's all.  

Lol and older people watching Japanese anime is weird to and blah blah blah.

Its time for older audience to stop pretending certain genre only apply to certain people. 

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Why? What's the problem with older animation liking animation? That kind of medieval, prejudicial mentality is what I find weird. Animations are for kids because they're just cartoons, right? Huh. Have you ever seen Ren & Stimpy, or South Park, or Futurama, or The Simpsons, or Family Guy, or even fucking Looney Tunes? All of those are among the famous TV shows ever, and they're all cartoons - but they're not kid friendly either, their humor is VERY adult driven. Pixar movies are adult-sweking too (not nearly as much, and the target audience is usually kids, BUT adults are meant to enjoy those films too, unlike something like Minions or Hotel Transylvania which is exclusively for youngsters), for the matter, and most of them are FAR more intelligent and emotionally powerful than the vast majority of Hollywood crap out there. So simply say "Oh, it's animated so it's just for kids, who gives a shit" is a slap in the face to a genre that is far more consistent in artistic quality than most other genres today, and it's the type of mindset that holds Hollywood back from actual improvement on its overall product.

But again, to each their own. If you don't like animations, that's completely fine. But don't come out saying that it's weird for adults to like them, because it really isn't.

• Like 7

It's been proven that Disney has brainwashed people. Look it up. 

Transformers and Twilight should have best picture wins. But they haven't brainwashed anyone. I guess you're mind is easily manipulated @MCKillswitch123 :P

• Like 2

Way off topic but I watched God's of Egypt last night. It was actually kinda good. Campy and silly but fun.

And I spoke with cjohn and Schumacher about this also there is perhaps the greatest pair of breasts in film since the stupendous tits from Friday the 13th remake LOL this Australian actress is just stunning you should see the movie just for her...if u are into women.

• Like 6