FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

16 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, all of the Warcraft players decided that they should go to the movies because the theaters wouldn't be crowded.

I didn't pay attention to that movie,  but video game geeks aren't big on sports in any event 

2 hours ago, RascarCapat said:

I don't live in America so we don't have Drive-in here (unfortunatly).

It's just part of the American folklore for us.

So how does it work ?

You got a national release and then a Drive-in release ?

Why don't they do both at the same time ?

Also, does it only work in summer ? How is the quality of the experience ?

The sound is coming out of speakers ? Or do you get some kinda bluetooth thing to get in car sound ?

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Pretty much all movies have a cinema and a drive in release at the same time. Lots of drive-in movies have double features, where the audience can watch the new movie and then an older movie, such as Finding Dory followed by Zootopia. This is a very thrifty choice, but the audience will usually have to be there past midnight to watch both movies.

Many drive-ins are open only in the summer, but in warm climates, some are open all year. The sound is broadcast through radio waves. I've never actually been to a drive-in movie, so I don't know if it's that great of an experience, though.

Domestic is the only market that runs double/triple features  in drive-in or theatres where for Flash BO reporting  all the features in a program get 100% of BO added, it works different elsewhere.

So if a drive in is playing  FD + Zoo and the weekend take is 20k then 20k gets added to FD and 20k gets added to Zoo (from the actual financial aspect it doesn't happen this way, when money reported back to studio for rental calculations).  

With domestic in the end everything comes out in the wash, with how they do the above while Zoo gets money added to it because of FD down the track the same will happen with FD

Also domestic is the only market that allows mix studios so you can have a Disney with a Universal film etc in other markets it has to be same distributor/studio

• Like 12

What are Dory's chances of passing Iron Man 3's 1.215B? If neither Dory nor Rogue One can pass that mark, 2016 will be the first year since 2000 that a film didn't make it to the worldwide Top 10. I personally think at least Rogue One will do it, but I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about it. 

1 hour ago, Gokai Red said:

What are Dory's chances of passing Iron Man 3's 1.215B? If neither Dory nor Rogue One can pass that mark, 2016 will be the first year since 2000 that a film didn't make it to the worldwide Top 10. I personally think at least Rogue One will do it, but I'm interested to see what everyone thinks about it. 

I am more optimistic about Dory's chance of making it then Rogue one.