FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The same reason they're making Toy Story 4 I'd venture

Not really. 

Toy Story 4 is being done because Toy Story 3 did 1.1B WW. Cars 3 is being made because of the merchandise. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MONEY.

Merchandise. The Cars brand makes a tonfuck of money on merchandise and they need to keep the brand on the brains of the GA and it is also a good excuse to produce new toys.

From 2011 lol:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-cars-has-crossed-8-99438

So you can see now why they are still making and will continue to make Cars movies. This beast produces 2B+ annually in retail sales. 

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The stock price is a fickle thing. It's not like Disney is in any real danger right now.

Of course not just issues need to be solved which the movies like FD now are helping Disney work through but its not like they are running the world 

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Coco looks promising.

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Coco looks promising.

I hope it's awesome but at this point it sounds so.much like The Book of Life that it kinda nags me

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean money is the root at both no?

Yes, but I meant to say that TS4 is being done because TS3 was a beloved box office smash hit. Cars 3 is being made because the toys are massive WW sellers :lol: 

Just now, John Marston said:

I am glad Cars 3 is getting made. As long as it is more like the first one I am fine. Also, it is hilarious seeing people get so worked up over it

Because the 2nd one is teeeeeeeeeeeeerrible. Even his legs were bad. 

With the perfect track record of quality of the TS franchise and now Dory turning out better than a Nemo sequel really had a right to be, I'm going to give Pixar the benefit of the doubt right now in regards to TS4. Hoping they really do have an amazing story idea yet again and it's not just a cash grab like a certain other Pixar franchise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Dory's blowing up the night shows. Sell-outs everywhere stretching close to 11:00. Wouldn't be surprised if the early estimate is closer to $60M than $50M at this point.

What if it pulls a 50M true Friday... Nah... But what if...

1 hour ago, boomboom234 said:

its being going down for years its lost almost 20% of its subsicres over the past few years this is an ongoing problem  and a pretty major one for disney its films are its current saving grace and its properties are great but cable and espn are them ost important parts of the company and they are collapsing 

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Crazy-Number-Subscribers-ESPN-Has-Lost-2013-141957.html

its kinda of a big problem 

ESPN is a problem they will have to solve within the decade, but you're kidding if you think the Walt Disney company is collapsing. If it is, then we can just give up on the economy, really.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

What if it pulls a 50M true Friday... Nah... But what if...

I'm so fascinated as to what the Saturday hold will be like. So far, this has played out more like a four-quadrant picture than a typical animated movie even by summer standards.

Just now, syntaxerror said:

ESPN is a problem they will have to solve within the decade, but you're kidding if you think the Walt Disney company is collapsing. If it is, then we can just give up on the economy, really.

I never said that I said the movies are offsetting espn which is in the process of collapsing disney is fine just needs to solve problems