WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

I liked the world building in Resurgence and the idea of that African tribe battling the aliens but at other times it was either to rushed or to slow. Then there was some of the dialogue. 

23 minutes ago, Rey said:

My sister wants to see Independence Day: Resurgence while I rather see Finding Dory or The Shallows, but my godmomma is trying to convince to me to go see ID:R.

HogN3QC.gif

Be strong. You're a fighter. Dont go. Dont go. 

Just now, a2knet said:

So 45-50m weekend for ID4?

~2.75x gives 124-138m dom

If this film was supposed to make $18M and its projections keep going down and now its at a possible $15-16M Friday which makes it a true friday of $11-12M, this may not crack $40M. And its not getting a 2.75x multiplier. Its going to be nonexistent in about a week. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

This year has not been kind to sequels that no one really asked for.

Combined with OS also largely rejecting them, it gives me slight  hope Hollywood may finally be forced to actually pay more attention to quality before they greenlight any sequel where the predecessor made money. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

IDR legs will be sub-2.5x. Possibly much worse. If these Friday estimates hold, I think 85-90m is a likely range for final domestic gross. 

Which would be  one sixth of the attendance of the first movie.

Yikes.

EDIT

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

IDR legs will be sub-2.5x. Possibly much worse. If these Friday estimates hold, I think 85-90m is a likely range for final domestic gross. 

Wow. That would be tragic.

http://deadline.com/v/box-office/

‘Dory’ Dents Alien UFO Sequel ‘Resurgence’; ‘Shallows’ Rides $16M+ Wave; ‘Free State Of Jones’ & ‘Neon Demon’ Wounded

id4 2

3RD UPDATE, Friday, 11PM: Refresh for updates. Chart coming  20th Century Fox's UFO movie Independence Day: Resurgence is getting crushed by Disney/Pixar's animated sequel Finding Dory, with the latter tearing up its pre-weekend projections for a huge second FSS that's between $70M-$74M, dipping an amazing 45 to 48%. By Sunday, Dory could clear $287M. Resurgence is looking to land at the lower end of its expectations with $45M this weekend after a $17.5M Friday.

Despite the holdover muscle from Dory and Warner Bros/New Line/Universal’s Central Intelligence which is currently projected to make $18.2M, -49%, Sony is sitting there like a cat with a canary in its mouth. In a clever last minute movie, the studio decided last week to move up its July 1 $17M Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows by a week and now it’s cutting an estimated $16M-$17M away from the competition.

A-. However, with a great grade like that and a sour estimated opening weekend of $7.7M, the latest epic from director Gary Ross won’t leg out. Projections for Free State of Jones were between $11M-$13M

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

Alright, I'm going to go outside the box and guess that The Shallows number is going to be $6.5m+ for Friday as the positive word of mouth spread to the late shows.  Will be interested to see in the morning.  

• Like 2