Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Did anyone else notice ID:R losing theaters on weekend two? Is that another BOM typo or did it really get dropped by a few theaters that quickly?

As far as I know, it along with Free State of Jones did get dropped by theaters. The only films to remain unchanged from last weekend were Dory and The Shallows. 

IDR lost 39 theaters and Free State of Jones lost 34 theaters. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You know, I don't even need to know how good Pets is or isn't, it honestly deserves the original animated OW record. Illumination started marketing it a full year ago, and they were brilliant in the campaign from start to finish. And that's one long campaign to maintain. They deserve to be rewarded for their advanced marketing prowess. 

$95 million OW with a 3.5x=$332 million 

That'd be in line with all of the other successes this year ($330 million+ DOM). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We're sitting in the car and my dad said the funniest and sort of saddest (because it's so true) thing.

"Stop talking about The Purge okay? If The Purge was an actual thing, you and your movie buddies would just be complaining how poor the box office is on Purge night."

Oh God, he's right 

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We're sitting in the car and my dad said the funniest and sort of saddest (because it's so true) thing.

"Stop talking about The Purge okay? If The Purge was an actual thing, you and your movie buddies would just be complaining how poor the box office is on Purge night."

BOM headline for the weekend:

"Audiences Pass on Warm-Hearted Family Fun Dory/BFG in Favor of Murdering Their Enemies"

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

At this point I think 60m would be great for Star Trek. Expecting closer to 50 though. Pets is taking the original animated OW record. 

$90M for Pets seems a little high to me. I think ~$75M more likely.

Edited by Jason

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

IDR didn't lose any theatrrs. 

So this is a mistake? Did Free State of Jones lose theaters? I thought it was weird that two new releases lost theaters but then I saw Neon Demon's theater loss and figured hey guess theaters just don't give a fuck anymore. 

July 1
Updated Thursday afternoons

<< Prev. Week < Last Year View Index Next Year > Next Week >>
Rank LW Title Distributor Theater
Count
Change % Change Est.
Screens
Change Est.
Shows
Change Week #
> NEW RELEASES
3 - The Legend of Tarzan Warner Bros. 3,561 - - - - - - 1
4 - The BFG Buena Vista 3,357 - - - - - - 1
7 - The Purge: Election Year Universal 2,796 - - - - - - 1
16 - Our Kind of Traitor Roadside Attractions 373 - - - - - - 1
43 - Roseanne for President! IFC 2 - - - - - - 1
44 - Blood Simple (2016 re-release) Janus Films 1 - - - - - - 1
> EXPANDING
12 78 Swiss Army Man A24 636 +633 +21,100.0% - - - - 2
33 89 Wiener-Dog IFC 36 +34 +1,700.0% - - - - 2
40 80 Eat That Question: Frank Zappa in His Own Words Sony Classics 10 +8 +400.0% - - - - 2
> NO CHANGE
1 1 Finding Dory Buena Vista 4,305 - - - - - - 3
6 5 The Shallows Sony / Columbia 2,962 - - - - - - 2
> DECLINING
2 2 Independence Day: Resurgence Fox 4,091 -39 -0.9% - - - - 2
5 3 Central Intelligence Warner Bros. (New Line) 3,166 -342 -9.7% - - - - 3
8 6 Free State of Jones STX Entertainment 2,781 -34 -1.2% - - - - 2
9 4 The Conjuring 2 Warner Bros. (New Line) 2,008 -1,025 -33.8% - - - - 4
10 7 Now You See Me 2 Lionsgate/Summit 1,788 -957 -34.9% - - - - 4
11 9 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Paramount 719 -1,228 -63.1% - - - - 5
13 10 X-Men: Apocalypse Fox 630 -1,049 -62.5% - - - - 6
14 11 Me Before You Warner Bros. (New Line) 523 -1,015 -66.0% - - - - 5
15 8 Warcraft Universal 411 -1,541 -78.9% - - - - 4
Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That is most likely a mistake on BOM's part. It happens from time to time. All movies from the top studios are contractually obligated to be shown for two weeks.

Okay, thanks for clarifying lol 

Edited by Nova

You are all failing to understand that I am not stanning for Pets. My curse only happens if I am stanning for said movie. The only things in danger are maybe SS and Beyond. And even those are not on the same level of stanning as BvS, Apocalypse or IDR.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

You are all failing to understand that I am not stanning for Pets. My curse only happens if I am stanning for said movie. The only things in danger are maybe SS and Beyond. And even those are not on the same level of stanning as BvS, Apocalypse or IDR.

Your curse knows no boundaries.