WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I wouldn't mind a run similar to Frozen but with the year Disney's had I feel like at that point we'd be getting spoiled. 

If it's good I don't think it would matter how many over performed or not. I just want everyone to forget this shit FLOP. 

21 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Absolutely stunning for Pets. I was thinking $90+M last night and now it looks like it'll do $100-115M. If it hits $44M or more today, there's a chance it can top Civil War domestically.

Omg, the meltdowns if it beats Frozen DOM will be EPIC.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

I contributed to Dory's box office, so you all should contribute to SLOP.

I already did and wish I hadn't. It wasn't that good. In fact, I'd say it's one of the more overhyped films I've seen in sometime. 

• Like 1

With a $115 million OW, I'd give Pets a 3.5x. That'd take it to $402 million DOM.

With $125 million OW, it could do $375 million-$450 million DOM.

Pets and Dory both surpassing Shrek 2 DOM would be the biggest story of Summer 2016. 

28 minutes ago, Rth said:

about 6-7

So a $19-25 million range for the weekend. 

Not bad considering Pets just might do $120 million + OW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrispyLips said:

If it's good I don't think it would matter how many over performed or not. I just want everyone to forget this shit FLOP. 

It should open better than Frozen no matter what so it won't quite need the same legs

1 minute ago, CrispyLips said:

Which one do you like better? 

That's like asking me which film I prefer, The Artist or Citizen Kane.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick Dory by about half a point.  I despised the grim and dark tone of Pets.  It really bothered me.  Dory is much more up beat and colourful and a bit funnier than Pets.  

Dory:  5.5/10

Pets: 5/10

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tarzan had a long rainy scene tho.

At this point, I am sure Warner executives force you to shoot this type of scene to earn your dark and gritty Warner quota.

Probably. Also, many people use the term rainforest instead of jungle.

16 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I don't think any of the Sharknado/ SYFY/ Asylum films are made with a serious intent.

The writer of the first one actually thought he was writing a good movie, even though he's a writer who clearly lacks any real talent.

17 minutes ago, cannastop said:

They don't have to be.

Of course. Zootopia type legs for even an animated film are very rare. I expect the film's multiplier to be 3.3 to 3.4 honestly.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

8 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

With a $115 million OW, I'd give Pets a 3.5x. That'd take it to $402 million DOM.

With $125 million OW, it could do $375 million-$450 million DOM.

Pets and Dory both surpassing Shrek 2 DOM would be the biggest story of Summer 2016. 

So a $19-25 million range for the weekend. 

Not bad considering Pets just might do $120 million + OW. 

Mike and Dave won't come close to 19 mill for the weekend if it does 6 mill.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Actually, it kind of does.

IO is a heavier film with a more complex premise to market. It also opened after a $200 million+ opener.

Because of this, I'd say both are about equal.

Ghostbusters will probably underperform now... $30-35 million OW wouldn't surprise me. 

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Omg, the meltdowns if it beats Frozen DOM will be EPIC.

I don't know... if it gets a $115-125 million OW, I'd hope it can do $440-470 million DOM. 

If Moana does $350 million+ DOM and Sing does $200 million+ DOM, that would be possibly the biggest year for animation in general. 

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Mike and Dave won't come close to 19 mill for the weekend if it does 6 mill.

Oh, I thought that was the Dory number. 

Yeah, Mike & Dave will probably do $12-16 million OW. Not that bad given how low the budget is. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Just now, mahnamahna said:

Oh, I thought that was the Dory number. 

Yeah, Mike & Dave will probably do $10-13 million OW. Not that bad given how low the budget is. 

Oh sorry, you were talking about Dory.  Yea, probably it will land in your range.  

12 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That's like asking me which film I prefer, The Artist or Citizen Kane.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick Dory by about half a point.  I despised the grim and dark tone of Pets.  It really bothered me.  Dory is much more up beat and colourful and a bit funnier than Pets.  

Dory:  5.5/10

Pets: 5/10

Glad you liked Dory better than SLOP. 

Can I say that I despise Citizen Kane and don't see what is so special in it.  Haven't seen The Artist yet. 

• Like 2