WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

Just now, The Futurist said:

Refn probably thinks he is hot shit but all of his films have actually basic violence that any 13(11) yo could come up with.

And in 2016, some people call guys life Refn talented because he is so out there you know, so different, so uncompromising.

Oh, and his vision of sexuality, yeah definitely a teenager.

you've said this a bunch before. i think you have one stock line for every filmmaker that you like to whip out whenever they come up. i can't imagine what it must be like to be this boring.

• Like 7

Enjoy the drive in @Blanks McCoy

Not surprised that Deadline got the early guess wrong for Pets.  RTH's numbers make much more sense.  If it does hit 40, 100 is done.

110 OW

Neon demon is either the best film of the year so far or at least the second best.  Refn gives 0 fucks how people feel about his decisions and his vision.  For those of us who have seen it, we have talked quite a bit about it.  It stays with you.  It's brilliance is real.  That film hasn't left my head since I saw it last week.

• Like 1

Illumination movies are more mature tha any Refn s output.

Drive was definitely an accident.

Refn shoud stick to do commercials for mega corporations, his vulgarity & vapid quest for the beautiful shot or sequence would suit perfectly  this empty world.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Refn probably thinks he is hot shit but all of his films have actually basic violence that any 13(11) yo could come up with.

And in 2016, some people call guys life Refn talented because he is so out there you know, so different, so uncompromising.

Oh, and his vision of sexuality, yeah definitely a teenager.

This is a very misinformed and silly statement,  I don't think there's a lot in ND that a 13 year old could come up with and even if they did, they wouldn't present it in the same way he did in ND.  It's an absolutely stunning film....imo.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Illumination movies are more mature tha any Refn s output.

Drive was definitely an accident.

Refn shoud stick to do commercials for mega corporations, his vulgarity & vapid quest for the beautiful shot or sequence would suit perfectly  this empty world.

Oh snap!!! 

Just now, CJohn said:

This dude is entering atmosphere inside a fucking shark. This is the greatest movie I have ever seen.

Have you seen Megashark vs Mechashark? Nothing in the history of the world has made me laugh as hard

Well, at least Universal can get over the billion mark this year w/ SLOP's success. 

So how many talking animal films will we have this year?

1. Norm of the North

2. Kung Fu Panda 3

3. Zootopia

4. The Jungle Book

5. Ratchet & Clank

6. The Angry Birds Movie

7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

8. Finding Dory

9. The Secret Life of Pet

10. Ice Age: Collision Course

11. Nine Lives?

12. Pete's Dragon?

13. Kubo and the Two Strings

14. The Wild Life

15. Storks

16. Sing

Good lead-off w/ Norm of the North, lol.

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

about 6-7

So there's a possibility it has a very soft increase today?  

FTSBF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Have you seen Megashark vs Mechashark? Nothing in the history of the world has made me laugh as hard

I can only see one of these per year :lol: This is just to get ready for legend Sharknado 4.