WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

It's going to obliterate IO OW.  The total obviously depends on how much people like it.  My audience seemed to like it quite a bit.....me?  Not so much.

I wasn't debating the OW, but the total domestic take. If it gets A- or B+, it has a chance to go over 350m+. 

This movie fucking better not beat IO's domestic total. I conceded defeat on OW a few hours ago but I'm going to be furious if this beats IO. That movie is a damn masterpiece and everything I've read about SLOP makes it sound as generic as they come.

• Like 2

Just now, Chaz said:

$400 is happening for Pets. Holy shit.

Biggest opening ever for an original animated film. Hate that Pixar is losing that record, but what a massive opening.

No way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Actually the first Sharknado was made with some serious intent. It was the sequels that tried to amp up the badness intentionally.

I don't think any of the Sharknado/ SYFY/ Asylum films are made with a serious intent.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

This movie fucking better not beat IO's domestic total. I conceded defeat on OW a few hours ago but I'm going to be furious if this beats IO. That movie is a damn masterpiece and everything I've read about SLOP makes it sound as generic as they come.

Yo dude... Calm down. It doesn't make Inside Out's run any less impressive.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

all art will perish when flames devour the earth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao the epic meltdowns. I hope it does just to see Blanks fuming. 

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That really surprises me.  Why would this kind of film be so front loaded on Thursday night?

Maybe poor WOM or people are going to watch SLOP instead. My showing was all older people. I was surprised to be honest. 

Tarzan was great by the way.

Epic, spectacular & earnest.

My kind of jam.

The body of Stellan s son in this, dear lord.

Hollywood should stop casting HANS LANDA in every movie tho.

Samuel L Jackson was hilarious in this.

Margot was great, impossibly beautiful but also a strong female character.

Best David Yates joing to date by far.

Edited by The Futurist