WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

7 minutes ago, Rallax said:

I think we have to consider the fact that the primary age range for those that actually enjoy it, are too young to rate things on iMDB/Flixter.  I doubt 5 year old know what the fuck a flixter is!

If it matters for animated films like Frozen, Dory, Inside Out etc which all had really good user scores, why is it suddenly irrelevant when the film doesn't have a high a user score? Besides who do you think is taking the 5 year old to see the film? Surely you don't think they're going to go alone. Also based on the humor in the trailer it's not like SLOP is directed at 5 year olds anyways. 

Edited by Nova

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I disagree. That's only for like comic book films or a movie like Ghostbusters with people either voting 10/10 or 1/10. For other films especially this summer they've been consistent. 

For exmaple: 

CI: 70% on Flixster, 6.8 on IMDb 

The Shallows: 66% on Flxister, 6.9 IMDb 

SLOP: 71% on Flixster, 6.8 on IMDb

MandD: 70% on Flixster, 6.7 on IMDb 

Tarzan: 72% on Flixster, 7.0 on IMDb 

The Purge: 62% on Flixster, 6.6 on IMDb 

I can go on and on but I'd say that's consistent. 

Maybe, but the first few day for IMD ratings can be quite misleading, especially for movies that turn out to be poorly received but are hyped. BVS for example started out with a really high rating.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

I'm going to save Tele Jr's mind and stick him in front of some Ghibli movies instead. 

Watch When Marnie was There, it's probably a bit mature for Tele Jr but I think you'd like it. My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service would be more suitable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Maybe, but the first few day for IMD ratings can be quite misleading, especially for movies that turn out to be poorly received but are hyped. BVS for example started out with a really high rating.

BvS is also a comic book movie which I clearly said are exceptions. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Watch When Marnie was There, it's probably a bit mature for Tele Jr but I think you'd like it. My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service would be more suitable.

Thanks. :) He's seen both TOTORO and KIKI. We're literally watching CASTLE IN THE SKY right now (for the second time).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Since ghostbusters thread is locked I will post here. It appears it will be good and have good reviews. Dark Shape @ KJ has already seen it. So next weekend would be good to watch. Another break out OW for sure(I would say 60m+).

I'm already bracing myself for the insane troll logic that certain corners of the internet will undoubtedly employ in order to "explain" any good reviews.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Honestly were all just waiting for the day Tele Jr get introduced to Nolan

This is true. I am highly anticipating the day he gets introduced to Jurassic Park too. But is just me. Just a side note. Nolan is the real main event. 

Guys, SLOP SSSUUUUCCCKKKKS. I have no idea how it is getting good reviews on rotten tomatoes!! I didn't enjoy it one bit. The only reason it's doing so bc like a previous poster said. Talking animal movies are on freaking crack this year. Dory, JB, Zoo, and now Slop. Have my review in the other thread later. Guys, just watch Homeward bound 2, it's not a well known movie, but it is a charming film and much better executed than SLOPpy shit.

• Like 1

We could possibly have 4 animated features earning $300+: Zootopia, Finding Dory, Secret Life of Pets, and Moana!  That is to my knowledge the largest amount of animated features earning above $300 million and three of them are original films!  Amazing!  2016 is truly the biggest year for animation thus far!

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

BvS is also a comic book movie which I clearly said are exceptions. 

IMDb is a fanboy site though, so those things happen often. Regardless of how well-received it is, The upcoming Ghostbusters reboot will have a really low rating on IMDb, for that very reason.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

This is what happens when, you know guys, movies are appealing. They make a tonfuck of cash. Zootopia, Dory and Pets all share this weird thing of being appealing to kids, their parents, teens and young adults.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I'm already bracing myself for the insane troll logic that certain corners of the internet will undoubtedly employ in order to "explain" any good reviews.

Any review that attacks or mocks the other side (or praises one side) is too biased to be honest.

The legit reviews will just give the positives/negatives with the film.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is true. I am highly anticipating the day he gets introduced to Jurassic Park too. But is just me. Just a side note. Nolan is the real main event. 

That would be at the top of my "go back in time to see it at the first midnight showing" list. I'm jealous of people seeing Jurassic Park for the first time (who don't know the plot).

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1