WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Animated most of all. There's some difference in quality but not really anything else.

I don't think Zootopia, Finding Dory, or Kung-Fu Panda 3 are the exact same movie, so I can't really say I agree with you there, sorry Tele, but fair point / opinion is fair.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Audiences flock to quality in general. If the CBMs and animation are where the quality is at this year, then that's where  they're gonna go. Or would you rather they be giving all their money to shit like IDR, Tarzan, Warcraft, Me Before You, and Free State of Jones just so you could have some "variety" in your top ten. Please. The best movies are rising to the top. DEAL WITH IT GRANDPA. 

It's been an awful year for studio movies.

Nice for small ones and indies, granted. But if this is your idea of quality, man, I dunno.

5 minutes ago, trifle said:

Having read through several RT watch threads, all of which had obnoxious posts, what would make this one so special?

They usually don't end up with some people attacking half of the world's population to be fair...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Wait why do you hate Jurassic World again?  It criticizes this.  They're all the same but each new one is biggerer and betterer.

Bigger and worser. Quality descends in the order of release. :) 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I don't think Zootopia, Finding Dory, or Kung-Fu Panda 3 are the exact same movie, so I can't really say I agree with you there, sorry Tele, but fair point / opinion is fair.

I think they're remarkably similar except for basic plot stuff.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I wouldn't mind animation if they were more like Princess Mononoke, I think the last one I saw was Shrek 2.

Thank you, this is basically my point.

I know animation is a medium, and I wish the studios would treat it as much. But they treat it as a genre, and that's awful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Nice for small ones and indies, granted. But if this is your idea of quality, man, I dunno.

CW, Zootopia, TJB, Dory, and Deadpool are all very much my idea of quality big budget flicks. All very different films too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I don't think Zootopia, Finding Dory, or Kung-Fu Panda 3 are the exact same movie, so I can't really say I agree with you there, sorry Tele, but fair opinion is fair.

Hey, I'm a big Zootopia fanboy, but I'll admit that when it comes to mainstream animated features, there are major commonalities. C'mon, they're all PG-rated family movies with varying mixes of comedy and drama.

If you watched all three of those movies in a row, you'd feel pretty numbed by the end. I would want something at least PG-13 to break up the monotony.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Well, all movies can't be as entertaining and original as a sequel with grotesque dirty monosyllabic violent people driving back and forth in a desert for 2 hours. :ph34r:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Thank you, this is basically my point.

I know animation is a medium, and I wish the studios would treat it as much. But they treat it as a genre, and that's awful.

Yeah, its much better written, scored, and thematically complex than a lot of "adult" movies, especially a certain worldwide BO champ. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Hey, I'm a big Zootopia fanboy, but I'll admit that when it comes to mainstream animated features, there are major commonalities. C'mon, they're all PG-rated family movies with varying mixes of comedy and drama.

If you watched all three of those movies in a row, you'd feel pretty numbed by the end. I would want something at least PG-13 to break up the monotony.

True, but I wouldn't call them the exact same movie either. I wouldn't mind watching Zootopia and FD back to back for example. I marathon Pixar movies just fine.

I will admit, I do wish Lassester would step back more often then he does, and let directors do instead of having the need to oversea a lot of the production.

BTW, I totally put Zootopia on a pedestal. They really pushed the story where no other animated feature went before. They reined in the excesses of the earlier drafts, which were really gloomy and depressing, but I think it made for a better movie. The sequel is going to knock everyone's socks off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

BTW, I totally put Zootopia on a pedestal. They really pushed the story where no other animated feature went before. They reined in the excesses of the earlier drafts, which were really gloomy and depressing, but I think it made for a better movie. The sequel is going to knock everyone's socks off.

Aight, now you're back on your own. :rofl: 

• Like 1

I know I'm late but here's what is next for Guttenbergb4eb90aafd3486923b179c21cfe5fe18And he's playing his character from Lavalantua which featured a cameo from Ian Ziering's character from Sharknado. Look out DC and Marvel. SYFY obvisoully has the new best cinematic universe. Can't  wait until Sharkando V. Lavalantua: 

• Like 1