grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, male actors often get blamed when movies flop too. How quickly everyone forgets that Taylor Kitsch became a bit of a punchline four years ago (despite the failures of John Carter and Battleship not being his fault at all).

Exactly. No mention of that in that article though. Like why write that?

Oh if you don't go see this, poor Kristen Wiig won't get booked in a blockbuster again! 

When yeah....she'll be just fine. As will all of them. They are talented actresses. 

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

Well, true.  But look at all the things they did prior to 1989 where it did work.  And the mrketing for the sequel would be on autopilot when you could put their two names in the trailer.

I don't think the GA really cares about them that much to notice them in marketing lol

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just finished the second. i get the feeling that

Reveal hidden contents

15 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I'm 5 episodes in and that hasn't occured to me. It would make some sense though. 

Spoiler

They show a news article mentioning a missing girl on episode 3.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, male actors often get blamed when movies flop too. How quickly everyone forgets that Taylor Kitsch became a bit of a punchline four years ago (despite the failures of John Carter and Battleship not being his fault at all).

:kitschjob:

Just now, robertman2 said:

HAving terrible trailers and a director who calls 50% percent of humanity unfunny will do that

He called out the people who trashed the actresses looks as being despicable. Which they are. But keep believing what you want to believe, I guess.

We're about to watch Everybody Wants Some!! (since I missed it in theaters). Enjoy yelling at each other over trivial things, y'all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

About to go see Ghostbusters, but the Star Trek Beyond reviews killed my vibe. First movie I feel legitimately hyped to see this summer (Dory and Nice Guys were close but no cigar)

But they are good? It's at 86%?

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I swear every time I binge I lose details. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

:kitschjob:

I think Taylor Kitsch was solidified as being the most unlucky person in all of Hollywood when he was the only person from The Normal Heart to not get an Emmy nomination for it. Wah wah.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He called out the people who trashed the actresses looks as being despicable. Which they are. But keep believing what you want to believe, I guess.

We're about to watch Everybody Wants Some!! (since I missed it in theaters). Enjoy yelling at each other over trivial things, y'all.

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-feig-why-men-arent-449025

• Like 1

Besides, Melissa McCarthy has dealt with assholes before. Remember when that vile old croon otherwise known as Rex Reed used his Identity Thief review just to trash her appearance?

Seeing the movie tomorrow. So excited.

• Like 1

I think Taylor Kitsch was solidified as being the most unlucky person in all of Hollywood when he was the only person from The Normal Heart to not get an Emmy nomination for it. Wah wah.

And the fact he goes on a show that had a terrific first season's horrible second season. It's like everything he touches turns to shit. But when you have scenes like this with the other actors what do you expect. tumblr_nqo66kEZeW1ttjvs0o1_1280.jpg

• Like 3

Besides, Melissa McCarthy has dealt with assholes before. Remember when that vile old croon otherwise known as Rex Reed used his Identity Thief review just to trash her appearance?

Sad part is there were unlimited opportunities with that film to actually trash it on quality. 

• Like 2