grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Personally, I hope Garrett Hedlund is the nominee from that movie. At least I would finally be able to stop confusing him and Charlie Hunnam all the damn time.

Are you confusing them from the front or back view?

Spoiler

Charlie-Hunnam-Back-Butt-Pictures.gif

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's everyone expecting for next week? I'm thinking $60M for Star Trek, $30M for Ice Age (this series has run its course), and $15M for Lights Out.

I'm expecting 30M for Lights Out otherwise I agree with you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

But superhero+Nickelodeon show nostalgia=$$$

I've been convinced for a while it would make a lot of money and Paramount is severely lacking in franchises.

The series was never as popular as something like Spongebob though. I do think it could appeal to teen, but I doubt it'll get made. Paramount is already making a nicktoons movie though, maybe DP will be featured in that.

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

How do you know so much about fashion? You also seem to know a lot about Blake's fashion stuff... Just an interest or do you work with it?

Both. My interest in the fashion industry in general and how it works in Hollywood as well, motivated me to want to work with it. So I know a lot about it. 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Both. My interest in the fashion industry in general and how it works in Hollywood as well, motivated me to want to work with it. I can go on and on about it. 

I've always wondered how much actresses get paid for their fashion contracts.

Every actress that achirved something in Hollywood has one by the way.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Same movie, same shit, just a different premiere. 

If someone were to cut that picture down to KStew and Jesse Eisenberg and ask me who I would pick to sleep with, I'd pick Jesse. And I'm straight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

If these estimates hold, are we looking at SLOP to finish in 1st place?

I would say so because SLOP's true Friday would be higher than Ghostbusters but of course anything can happen Saturday and Sunday 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting 30M for Lights Out otherwise I agree with you.

I truly hope Lights Out beats Ice Age (I know it's  unlikely but couldn't there be some sort of animated animal fatigue ?). If the reviews are any indication it's going to be incredible and horror is on a roll this year. 

• Like 1

It's not really an over 50% drop for Pets.  Thats a second Friday drop based off of a HUGE opening day Friday performance.  I think that guarantees a sub 50% weekend drop.  Good coming off of a massive opening weekend!!!

Edited by Planodisney

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I've always wondered how much actresses get paid for their fashion contracts.

Every actress that achirved something in Hollywood has one by the way.

It honestly depends on how popular the actress is and how much publicity she tends to create. JLaw has a pretty lucrative contract with Dior. Alicia Vikander has one with Louis Vuitton that's pretty big as well. You have some actresses who promote their movies with their clothes. But you're right that it's common now that an actress who has done anything has a contract of some sorts. You'll also have actresses who promote their movies through fashion. I remember last year Blake Lively wore ten different outfits sent to her by ten different designers to wear in one day to promote the age of Adaline. When she was promoting The Shallows it was no different. 

It's obviously not a big thing on these forums but the actresses use their fashion choices to their advantage to promote their films and it works. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If someone were to cut that picture down to KStew and Jesse Eisenberg and ask me who I would pick to sleep with, I'd pick Jesse. And I'm straight.

You're not alone buddy. You're not alone. 

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's everyone expecting for next week? I'm thinking $60M for Star Trek, $30M for Ice Age (this series has run its course), and $15M for Lights Out.

Trek: $60M

Ice Age: $25M

Lights Out: $25M