grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

Just now, John Marston said:

Ghostbusters will likely be a financial flop. It will make a little over 200m worldwide. Not enough to offset its massive budget and marketing 

It will probably do around 300M WW. 

10 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Lol at that Ghostbusters number.  The studio is fudging that a bit higher to look good over $17m.  

woah.

18..17.5...17.1..sub-17

12 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Lol at that Ghostbusters number.  The studio is fudging that a bit higher to look good over $17m.  

Well shit. So we are looking at anything between $16.5M and $17M then. That would give it a true Friday of $13.1M to 13.6M. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ghostbusters will likely be a financial flop. It will make a little over 200m worldwide. Not enough to offset its massive budget and marketing 

Come on... Its going to make more than that.. 

Minions 2nd Friday: 14.5

IO 2nd Friday: 14.9

Pets 2nd Friday 15.1

Very close 2nd fridays for these films. 

Trying to calculate how much Pets can end up with if it falls below IO tracking but stays on par or a bit better than Minions..Hmmm..

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It will probably do around 300M WW. 

Doubt it. It has no international stars or internationally appealing concept. US, UK, and Australia should be its only really good markets and apparently it is only doing Ok at best in UK

Nice comeback for WB after lousy yr. 3 straight $100M+ grossers - , CentralIntelligence & now after this wknd.

dropped to #2 FRI w/ $15.1M but shd remain #1 for wknd w/ about $50M. Breaks $200M SUN, on track for well north of $300M.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-ghostbusters-wins-friday-911348

Conversely, Ghostbusters is looking at $43 million-$44 million, a less-than-spectacular start considering the movie's $144 million net budget (rebates and tax incentives brought it down from $154 million). Sony is being  more bullish in projecting $46.5 million, but rival studios all have it lower.

Also,  Pets at $50m

300 ww is fair for a movie with a 144 budget. it's >2x the budget with a good portion coming from us/can where you get a better % of the gross. auxiliary sources will easily take care of marketing budget.

Honestly I see it in the low 40s which is under what I predicting for it. I had it hitting $48M and really thought it could do that based on the previews. However I wouldn't be shocked if it was at $40M or so like IDR because it didn't pick up steam on Friday like I thought it would and in fact kept decreasing from estimates.