baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

Can we just suspend this current U.S. election and put those in charge at Illuminations in control!!!!

They are geniuses at marketing and let's face it, just as importantly, are brilliant at release date research.  Their movies face zero competition, both domestic and globally.  You can say they got a little lucky with IA5 being a total bomb, but surely they read the tea leaves on the dying popularity of that franchise.  They know exactly when to release to let prior animations fizzle out and also to maintain insane theater count numbers.

Geniuses over there!!!!!

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You haven't met my wife who just had to go to Wizarding World the day it opened, spent an entire day there. FB is also the only movie she is looking forward to watching this year. The love for Potter becomes a generational thing.

your wife is my kind of gal.  i went opening day as well in 2010 and have been back 3 times since.  and you're right, the love for it only grows as you get older.  my friends have 3 kids, 8, 5, and 2, and i had to watch them last Saturday night.  When the 2 year old knocked out the other 3 of us watched sorcerers stone (because their mom just let them read the first book recently) and it was absolute magic watching them devour it.

• Like 1