baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

I think Sing will surprise and could go over 200m domestic. The more I read about it, the more optimistic I get.

OS I don't have a clue though. It could click big with audiences or it could go unnoticed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I don't think IO is a lock.  I always had it dropping by about 45% this weekend.  So I think anywhere between Zootopia and JB is a good bet.  But ofr a final figure, hard to say.  But if I'm forced to make a guess I'll say it ends with 350.

Goddamn so now Zootopia will just be the 4th biggest animated film of 2016 in US after Moana, Dory and Pets? Urgh no what in the world!

oh well it'll still be the 2nd biggest animated film of the year WW after Moana so WDAS stays winning!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Most think SS is headed for north of 300. I'm skeptical 

It would have to land at the low end of tracking for OW and get an atrocious multiplier for a semi-non-sequel to miss 300. 

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't see why Moana is going to be that big.

A lot of people think a combination of new princess and Hamilton songwriter will make it break out.

Edited by Chaz

MOANA is a musical Disney princess adventure also starring Dwayne Johnson from the studio that brought you Zootopia and Frozen. After what TGD did it's tough to blindly put out a number but 200+ seems safe.

33 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Goddamn so now Zootopia will just be the 4th biggest animated film of 2016 in US after Moana, Dory and Pets? Urgh no what in the world!

oh well it'll still be the 2nd biggest animated film of the year WW after Moana so WDAS stays winning!

Uh, Moana isn't even out yet, so why are you assuming that?

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Slop, STD, some of these movies have strange acronyms.

I'm not sure of STD....THAT'S the last trek.

Slop is self explanatory 

FTF is fuck the fish...Dory

WYNGC is who you not gonna call. Ghostbusters 

The V is Tarzan. There was a female reviewer who reviewed the movie and just could not stop raving about Alexander skarsgard's ABS and the V on his body LOL so we adopted the V

20 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Sure. I'm down with 200. But to say it's going past Zootopia is presumptuous imo

oh absolutely. apart from rogue one there's no movie remaining this year we can say will surely cross zootopia.

edit: or even 300m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

oh absolutely. apart from rogue one there's no movie remaining this year we can say will surely cross zootopia.

edit: or even 300m.

I am confident about Suicide Squad and 300m. Hype is way too big and August is way too weak for it to miss 300m.

• Like 1

I am not feeling Fantastic Beasts. The two trailers have been very insipid. There is no real story, the link to Harry Potter seems to be very flimsy and practically no one from the previous movies will be back. $200 million seems like a tall order unless the reviews are out of this world.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

I think Sing will surprise and could go over 200m domestic. The more I read about it, the more optimistic I get.

OS I don't have a clue though. It could click big with audiences or it could go unnoticed. 

200m is a no go this year. 300m or death

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I'm not sure of STD....THAT'S the last trek.

Slop is self explanatory 

FTF is fuck the fish...Dory

WYNGC is who you not gonna call. Ghostbusters 

The V is Tarzan. There was a female reviewer who reviewed the movie and just could not stop raving about Alexander skarsgard's ABS and the V on his body LOL so we adopted the V

V is funny. also represents his blood on true blood

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm perplexed as to why Paramount didn't release an Arrival trailer with Star Trek

Maybe they're waiting until after  it's officially announced at Venice Film Festival and probably Toronto Film Festival. Both of which are revealing their line ups next week. I know sometimes trailers are released for awards type films after these festival premieres. 

Edited by babz06

11 minutes ago, TLK said:

I am not feeling Fantastic Beasts. The two trailers have been very insipid. There is no real story, the link to Harry Potter seems to be very flimsy and practically no one from the previous movies will be back. $200 million seems like a tall order unless the reviews are out of this world.

tumblr_mhm984aR5W1s1wblho1_400.gif

• Like 9