zerbs

Stranger Things (Netflix)

11 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Is there anyone out there who actually liked episode 7?

I didn't hate it, so does that count? :P

I liked it for what it was, but still was the low point of the season for me

15 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Is there anyone out there who actually liked episode 7?

I'm betting there's already somewhere a blog/subreddit/twitter thread about how it was the best episode and the sheep just don't get it. It's how the internet works.

I just watched the first season last night.  And I finally see why it's gotten the universal praise that it has.  What a show!  The whole premise is just so off the wall wild and of course it being set in the 80's is right up my wheel house.  I simply loved everything about season 1.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, baumer said:

I just watched the first season last night.  And I finally see why it's gotten the universal praise that it has.  What a show!  The whole premise is just so off the wall wild and of course it being set in the 80's is right up my wheel house.  I simply loved everything about season 1.

welcome to the club :)

i even bought the first season with the cool 80s retro vhs box :P  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baumer said:

Try to remain level headed when viewing ST2. It is not quite as amazing as ST1.

3 hours ago, AbsurdCute said:

Try to remain level headed when viewing ST2. It is not quite as amazing as ST1.

Thanks.  And that doesn't surprise me.  I don't see how it could be.

It's mainly the out-of-place 7th episode that had people riled up this season. Divorced from the fandom hype, it's a watchable if somewhat misjudged bottle episode. 

Really hoping Mr. FTSBF returns for next season. Could really feel his knack for pacing and sense of humor in his two episodes.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I loved season 2 and Stranger Things has now vaulted up to become one of my favourite TV shows of all time.  The second season as so good.  It really did stress me out.  I'm glad none of the main cast died.  I was sad to see the Fat Hobbit not make it but he was a good character.  I loved Eleven in this one, thought Mad Max was a great addition and the love angles were handled really well.  Episode seven was different, no doubt, but I enjoyed that one as well.  And Episode 8, when 11 shows up, was just awesome.

Can't wait for season three.

• Like 4

I loved both seasons and love how it feels like a relatively small geek-nerd-inspired project with great characters.

Also thought Season 2 was equal to the quality of Season 1, though the episode with El's "sister" was indeed a bit strange. Not bad - but it was all a bit rushed (compared to the slow pace of the show in general) and a bit extreme.

I totally expected the finale to happen on election night '84 after the election was hinted at several times ;) 

I hope they come up with an interesting angle for Season 3. This show surely is one of those which should stop in time before it will lose its magic rather quickly. First thought they might show us  the crew 30 years later or so... but it seems the new season will be set in '85/'86.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere
  • Like 2

I've read that it's six seasons. They want to film three and four B2B so they can still keep the kids looking young. They also have good deals with the kids right now at 30K per show. That will probably change soon though. 

• Like 1

I watched the 7 episode behind the scenes show called Beyond Stranger Things. It's on Netflix and it has all the young cast plus some of the adults. It was a fascinating look behind the scenes. Shawn Levy and The Duffer Brothers also are on the panel quite a bit and you also have recorded interviews with Sean Astin and Paul Reiser. I highly recommend you guys checking it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2018 at 8:43 PM, baumer said:

I watched the 7 episode behind the scenes show called Beyond Stranger Things. It's on Netflix and it has all the young cast plus some of the adults. It was a fascinating look behind the scenes. Shawn Levy and The Duffer Brothers also are on the panel quite a bit and you also have recorded interviews with Sean Astin and Paul Reiser. I highly recommend you guys checking it out.

WARNING!

Watch the whole season first before watching Beyond Stranger Things.

• Like 1