CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm a big Tim Burton fan but that's not really doing anything for me so far, unfortunately.

No Elfman scoring the music is a drag. But, good source material, killer cast and Jane Goldman's a proven talent in.the adapting department. Did a great job with Stardust.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm seeing The Magnificent Seven even if it gets a 0% on RT. That cast alone has my $12.

I hope the fact that it's opening TIFF and closing Venice indicates it's at least good. I have faith in the cast and I loved the trailers so far.

I'm actually a lot more excited about fall than summer this year, some intersting stuff coming up.

Edited by JennaJ

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm seeing The Magnificent Seven even if it gets a 0% on RT. That cast alone has my $12.

It's got an Asian guy, I have to support it, even if he's got the ninja assassin throwing knife archetype down. @Chewy

• Like 4

The movie was led by $13.9 million in the United Kingdom, $11.3 million in Russia, $11.3 million in Brazil despite competition from the hometown Rio Olympics, $10.7 million in South Korea, $10.6 million in Australia, and $10.4 million in Mexico despite not being shown on one of the country’s largest theater chains after a dispute with the distributor. 

So, on this thread, I kept hearing how Suicide Squad had good starts but big drops throughout the weekend, but 4 out of the 6 countries here Suicide Squad had a BIGGER opening weekend than BvS, and one of the remaining two didn't show the movie in its largest theater chain. That's also 4 out of 6 SS did better than Deadpool. In 5 out of 6 it did better than GotG. Isn't that at least a little good news for the movie? No?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

So, on this thread, I kept hearing how Suicide Squad had good starts but big drops throughout the weekend, but 4 out of the 6 countries here Suicide Squad had a BIGGER opening weekend than BvS, and one of the remaining two didn't show the movie in its largest theater chain. That's also 4 out of 6 SS did better than Deadpool. In 5 out of 6 it did better than GotG. Isn't that at least a little good news for the movie? No?

SS is a disaster. Just let it be, god damn it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatOneBadguy said:

September looks great.  Light Between Oceans, Morgan, Sully, Before I Wake, Blair Witch, Snowden, Mag 7, Storks, Edge of Seventeen, Deepwater Horizon, Masterminds, and Miss Peregrine's all look good IMO.

Please add in American Honey and Queen of Katwe onto that list, please.

2 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Suicide Squad shot up the August record, while Nine Lives was put to sleep this weekend. Overall the top 12 was at $223.9 million this weekend, which is up nearly 87% from last year and is the biggest August weekend ever!                                 While front-loaded and had mixed word of mouth. Suicide Squad was off to a decent start with an estimated $135.1 million which was well ahead of the debut of Guardians Of The Galaxy, and ahead of Deadpool. But was below DC's films. But it was also actor Will Smith's best debut, and actress Margot Robbie's best debut. It is already writer/director David Ayer's highest grossing film! Overall with mixed word of mouth, the film could have weak legs or could play like Guardians. A total around $300 million seems reasonable.           With competition against Suicide Swuad, Jason Bourne took a drop around 62% and is at an estimated $22.7 million its second weekend. Look for Bourne to end its run around $165 million domestic.          R-rated female driven comedy Bad Moms took a decent hold this weekend around 40% which is the norm for most R-rated comedies, and the best hold for R-rated comedies this year! With the weeks to come, Bad Moms should hold up fine, and make $85 million domestic.                                                      Family film The Secret Life Of Pets, dropped less than 40% this weekend. With Pete's Dragon coming out next weekend, Pets should do fine and be the #1 choice for families as of right now. Pets should end its run around $350 million.           Star Trek:Beyond took another over 55% drop, which is rough for the third entry of the Star Trek reboot franchise and the Star Trek franchise. Look for Star Trek to beam its way around $160 million.      Other new release, family animal film Nine Lives died with an estimated $6.5 million. That debut is on the weak end for actor Kevin Spacey. Look for Nine Lives to crawl its way near $15 million.            Horror film Lights Out took a decent drop this weekend around 44%, and has held out strong for a horror film. Lights Out should turn off with a total over $60 million.       Nerve had an alright second weekend hold, and should end its run near $35 million.                                Ghostbusters took another steep decline, and should end its run with $125 million.                                     Ice Age 5 also crashed this weekend, and should end its run close to $60 million.

I can barely read this.... Formatting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

But is he good with calculation?

There will probably be a point in the movie where he teaches Chris Pratt about implicit differentiation. :sadben:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Did you see it's OD in those countries? Because yea just like in the US it opened big and then dropped its second day in France, South Korea, Russia and Brazil by a big margin as well. No one was talking about the over all weekends. We were talking about its second day drops....which were also confirmed by RTH. It seems you just pick and choose the info from people's posts and then make them statements of facts. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1