CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People are already praising the Justice League trailer.

It's obvious lots of people want DCEU to work out.

Let's not forget once upon a time the best WB could do was Steel and Batman & Robin.

Those movies gave little to debate. Just 10 percent target for mockery and 90 percent wasted potential.

Let's be real, no one wants these movies to fail. Just these last two outings especially have been delivered by people who don't know how to.

In addition to Geoff Johns becoming the Kevin Feige of DCEU, the one element that Wonder Woman has in its favor is that it will likely have a tighter focus than BvS or SS because of the fact that it's a solo flick.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

To be fair, I think Fan4stic has a surprisingly solid first act. Everything else is terrible but the first act is in solid C+ territory

When I checked it out on HBO I was like this isn't that bad I don't see what all the fuss is all about but once they got their powers it all made sense. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

rth says 36-37.  I don't know what happened with Deadline I guess they couldn't compute the massive drop.

Deadline usually updates late on Saturdays. Wouldn't expect an update for another couple hours

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Come on people, that is virtually impossible and it puts it completely out of the realm of possibility.  

Even if it does $120m it gets to $200m no problem.  $120m this weekend, and lets say it does an average of $5m per day during the week, that puts it at $140m going into next Friday.  A 70% drop is still $36m giving it $175m after 10 days.  It does another $2.5m per day during the week the following week gives it $185m and then another 70% drop gives it $11m and puts it at $196m total.  

It is a mathematical impossibility at this point that it would miss $200m or even be that close to it.  

Even the hated F4 had 2.2 multi and the WOM is nowhere near as bad as that for SS. I think it'll get to $200m easily, $250-260m is doable as well

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Lmao. You might as well have been speaking Mandarin.

I talk to my dad about box office a lot though haha, by now he's caught on for what I consider big numbers and what I consider small ones so I was surprised he didn't catch onto Suicide Squad doing shitty

3 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Let's be real, no one wants these movies to fail. Just these last two outings have been delivered by people who don't know how to.

In addition to Geoff Johns becoming the Kevin Feige of DCEU, the one element that Wonder Woman has in its favor is that it will likely have a tighter focus than BvS or SS because of the fact that it's a solo flick.

Warner Bros had already starting reducing the involvement of Charles Roven on JL and he was too busy to work on WW and I think they'll be off future DC films from Flash onwards.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

After Suicide Squad, I'm looking forward for a Thunderbolts film from Marvel a Studios. I love Suicide Squad, but Marvel Studios can kill with that concept. My Thunderbolts roster:

Helmut Zemo (Citizen V)

Loki

Songbird

Moonstone

Shocker (if they use him in Homecoming)

Elektra

I would love this.

And I can't wait to see what Marvel has in store for phase 4.

The Defenders? Fantastic Four? Planet Hulk? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

How much of the GA knows the difference between Marvel and DC is certainly a debatable point though, regardless of how often they go to theaters or watch films regularly. If Marvel really is a brand name associated with quality then it would stand to reason that Doctor Strange would do as well as Suicide Squad, right? After all, they know the Marvel name. And yet...

The DC fan base is THIRSTY for a quality film. Hence why the frontloadness. Doctor Strange hasn't been released yet, but if the numbers for Saturday is the trend that Suicide Squad is going for, if Doctor Strange is good and they go with an effective marketing campaign up until November, I can see that movie grossing more than Suicide Squad. And it's obvious to me that Marvel IS a brand, and a brand that moviegoers see as quality. DC unfortunately is getting the shorter end of the stick, since regardless how much I love Suicide Squad, that's three films in a row with an alarming reception. Suicide Squad, for all we know, it's following BvS and MoS trend.

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

SS is not missing 200m, come on now. Yes, the Saturday number is bad. But stop blowing the shit up out of proportion. It's still just one bad day of numbers.

Lol, that would even make BvS' legs look decent.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I mean I guess you really love what Marvel is doing because a lot of those are 2/5 movies for me.  The Iron Man sequels,  The Dark World, Hulk, Age of Ultron..    Plus, I wouldn't give any movie on the list a 5/5 except maybe the first Avengers. 

Marvel to me is "okay, that was cool" and move on. Not five star classics. We all have our opinions though

Yes, I really, really, REALLY love what Marvel Studios is doing. It's hands down my favorite movie universe right now. It surpassed Star Wars after The Avengers and then it never stopped. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I reckon the new slate of DC films from 2018-2020 will be:

The Flash

Aquaman

Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey

Shazam

The Batman

Wonder Woman sequel

Booster Gold/Blue Beetle or Metal Men

Green Lantern Corps

Will they be critic proof?

Cause if they are DCEU will be a gold mine even without quality control.

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I talk to my dad about box office a lot though haha, by now he's caught on for what I consider big numbers and what I consider small ones so I was surprised he didn't catch onto Suicide Squad doing shitty

You lucky.

If I bore my father with box office gossip he might stop picking up the phone.

:sadben:

So I discuss fan fiction instead. :apocalypse:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Will they be critic proof?

Cause if they are DCEU will be a gold mine even without quality control.

Shazam IMO has potential to be a fun film because the concept of the concept is light in tone plus it's being developed by New Line rather than WB. 

Metal Men probably won't happen as a live action film but it's been in development but it's one that also has potential because it's about a team of robots, I think could be one for Warner Animation Group to take on if there is no interest in a live action film. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

Isn't a European studio literally gambling its future on that thing?

Holy shit man

Europacorp is 100% french to my knowledge.

And Besson covered his ass with huge pre-sales.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I would love this.

And I can't wait to see what Marvel has in store for phase 4.

The Defenders? Fantastic Four? Planet Hulk? 

Defenders will happen NEXT year. Haven't you seen the teaser?

This is so fucking epic in so many ways that I was left speechless after I saw it the first time.

Spoiler

I mean, a MARVEL for the DEFENDERS with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, with a fucking NIRVANA song and fucking STICK. HOW FUCKING INSANE IS THE WORLD RIGHT NOW?!

• Like 2