CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

4 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

(despite doing this for almost 15 years, I'm still terrible at weekend IMs)

That's because they all vary.  We think there's a science to this, but its still mercurial.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Look at the bright side: It'll finish with at least $250M which will at least balance this year out a bit between the monsters and the hits that are much more limited in appeal.

It will probably do 300 imo.  I think it opens north of 130.  It'll need about a 2.25 to do 300.  Safe bet imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Captain America is not even in the same realm of popularity as Batman. I can't believe someone just seriously said otherwise. 

Batman is far and away #1. You think about the fact that this character has consistently appeared on film every couple of years since 1989 and had one of the most popular/beloved animated TV series ever. He doesn't have a particular actor tied to the role to make him popular and beloved whereas Superman is still associated with Christopher Reeves and no one has really challenged him as the ultimate Superman.

I mean, really once RDJ leaves Iron Man, there's no telling how much audiences will still care.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I got this text form a friend

“No one should ever watch Suicide Sqaud ever."

I got this. 

"Have you heard from (name)? Don't ever let your girlfriend take your car keys!"

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I was hoping Nine Lives would be 100% when RT came back up and with a new title of Nine Lives.

I still can't imagine what could've persuaded Spacey to do that movie. The days of The Usual Suspects and American Beauty feel so, so, so long ago.

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

OK.

What will be Suicide Squad's safest OD-numbers? By how much? Not too high and not too low.

I'd say about $60M would be the safe number (but I'm predicting $70M because of the T Mobile free tickets, along with Friday's tending to huge for Superhero movies)

• Like 1